- Experience level
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Group Finance team at a FTSE 100 listed company and lead the next phase of IFRS 16 integration into the wider business.
About the role:
Working within the Group finance team as a Finance Manager you will have responsibility for preparing information on the group’s lease commitments, designing new reporting templates, models and developing a controls process to ensure the timely and accurate reporting for IFRS 16.
Focussed and dynamic, with a strong attention to detail you will represent Group Finance in front of key stakeholders – communicating financial data in a concise manner while meeting all relevant compliance requirements.
As part of this you’ll also be the lead on IFRS 16 technical matters and support the Group Financial Controller in the delivery of a strong IFRS 16 financial reporting and control environment.
As part of the Group financial accounting team you will also be involved in supporting the wider group consolidation and have opportunities to work on other areas including business combinations, balance sheet reviews and budgets.
- You are organised and can manage and prioritise a wide range of tasks.
- You have excellent attention to detail and the ability to deliver accurate work within challenging deadlines.
- Track record of taking complex areas and explaining them in a clear and concise manner to stakeholders.
- Experience of managing and coordinating work with external auditors through planning and year end audit process
- You thrive in a fast paced, busy environment.
- Approachable and at your best in a team environment but able to work by yourself where required.
Technical skills/business skills required:
- Qualified accountant with experience of interpreting and applying International Financial Reporting (IFRS and also FRS 101 in local accounts).
- Experience accounting for leases under IFRS 16 is beneficial.
- Experience preparing statutory accounts under FRS 101 and disclosure requirements for plc consolidated financial statements.
- Experience of working within a Sarbanes Oxley environment is beneficial.
- Company Car
- Management Share Options
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- Possible Relocation Package
- Accommodation or Transport costs
- On-site Nursery
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
Closes 2nd Jul 2021
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.