Senior Compliance Advisory Officer
- Full time
We are looking for a Senior Compliance Advisory Officer to join our wider Compliance team!
We are looking for an expert in GDPR and PECR to join our growing team as a Senior Compliance Advisory Officer.
Horizon Scanning, Operational Readiness:
- Ensuring all regulatory requirements applicable to Next are understood and under management within the Compliance Framework
- Ensuring that developments to relevant regulations are effectively communicated to key business stakeholders in a timely manner
- Developing and advising on the implementation of compliance policies and standards across the Next business
- Informing and providing Expert advice to the business and its employees about their obligations under all relevant regulations
- Providing expert advice to key stakeholders on all compliance matters and their application within Next, this will mainly include Data Privacy and FCA obligations
- Providing expert risk based advice on DPIAs and PIAs of new activity across the Next estate
- Proving expert advice on the impact, and associated controls required, for any new use of data Next considers in support of strategic objectives
- Assessing incidents or near misses and escalating to the relevant manager where the incident may be reportable to the ICO/FCA and to consumers
- Deputising for the Data Privacy Manager and DPO in the management of incidents
- Developing and delivering risk based Data Privacy and FCA Compliance Awareness training company wide that is tailored to the audience
- Informing and advising on high risk areas to the Compliance Monitoring Manager to ensure appropriate risk based coverage of their Monitoring plan
- Assisting the Compliance Monitoring Manager in the remediation of material compliance findings
- Ensuring the regulatory risk landscape is understood and appropriately documented to facilitate effective management
- Facilitation of regular risk assessments to inform senior leadership on regulatory risk exposure
- Management, maintenance and presentation of key compliance critical to quality measures to all relevant stakeholders
Planning and Project Work:
- Supporting the Compliance Advisory manager in quarterly and annual planning of the Compliance Programme, including assessments of resource allocation and budgeting
- Developing project delivery plans to further the overall Compliance Programme
- Coordinating within the team and with the wider business to deliver against project plans
- Expert knowledge of GDPR and PECR and experience of working in a Privacy and Data protection focussed compliance role
- Ability to work in a fast paced, challenging, dynamic and demanding environment with changing priorities
- Ability to practically apply an approach to compliance in a form and style that is appropriate to the business
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to explain complex issues to those that are not privacy professionals.
- Ability to plan and prioritise workloads whilst working to strict deadlines
- Strategic thinker with analytical and problem solving abilities
- Ability to build effective relationships with key stakeholders to ensure privacy related improvement activities are prioritised alongside other projects and constructively challenge and question stakeholders on their approach to compliance.
- Company Car
- Management Share Options
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Private Medical Cover
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- Possible Relocation Package
- Accommodation or Transport costs
- On-site Nursery
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global! Closes 25th Jun 2021.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.