Assistant Pensions Accountant
- Full time
36 Hours p/w
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a FTSE 100 listed company and be a part of a key team within the Group Finance function.
- Prepare the annual statutory accounts in respect of the 2013NGPP and NGPP, including all supporting documents and reconciliations, in accordance with financial reporting standards and statutory deadlines.
- To attend the Audit & Risk Committee meeting to present the accounts.
- Prepare a summary version of the Annual Report & Accounts for distribution amongst members of the scheme.
- Prepare the quarterly management accounts (Fund Account and Net Assets Statement)
- Process all payments as requested by the administration and management team in accordance with agreed authorisation mandates and internal timetables
- Perform a full reconciliation of all contributions for all pension schemes on a monthly basis.
- Prepare annual and biannual budgets and forecasts for scheme Administration expenditure, to feed into Group reporting.
- You will either be an AAT qualified Accounting Technician, studying towards a higher level accounting qualification, a part qualified accountant or be qualified by experience from double entry book keeping through to preparation of financial statements.
- You will have great attention to detail and be required to work to a high level of accuracy. You will also have a very good level of Excel expertise.
- You will have great organisational skills and be able to prioritise their workload, both in terms of self and as a part of the team.
- You will have a positive and professional attitude and will develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Knowledge of accounting for pensions is not essential and pensions experience generally is not essential for this role.
Hiring Process: -
Following CV screening you will be informed if you have been success at this stage via email, so please keep any eye on your inbox.
All interviews will take place at our Head office in Enderby, Leicestershire. If you are successful you will be invited to attend a first stage interview which will be competency based, lasting approximately 1 hour. Thereafter the final stage will involve a presentation or practical exercise followed by questions.
Where possible, Next endeavour to support all applicants throughout the hiring process. If you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply for this vacancy please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- On-site Nursery
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.