- Full time
36 Hours p/w
This role is a key position within the logistics finance team and is responsible for all costs relating to online distribution.
The logistics operation is a crucial part of Next with a portfolio of 9 Warehouses, 6 Regional Service Centres and 4 International Hubs across Ireland, China, Germany and Russia. The finance team have a worldwide responsibility to support the management team to run a cost effective and efficient operation.
The key stakeholders for this role are the senior distribution management team. There will also be a requirement to liaise with 3rd party service providers.
- Complete the production of periodic management accounts, month end analysis and crib sheets to give full visibility of rates/volumes/costs/KPI’s by volume stream.
- Understand and communicate key cost drivers in support of the cost focus process; in depth variance analysis through maintaining a proactive approach to scrutinising and identifying causes of cost increases/savings for the whole of online distribution.
- Forecasting and budgeting for worldwide online distribution costs.
- Report on weekly and periodic performance indicators to support operational cost control.
- Provide relevant and timely information to the finance manager and controller regarding cost drivers.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders through frequent communication and timely finance reviews.
- Assist the operation in appraising the value of capital investment projects.
- Qualified / Part Qualified Finance Analyst (ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA)
- Previous experience working in a fast paced environment
- Proven experience using Excel and other reporting tools
- SQL experience would be advantageous
- Analytical mind with the ability and analyse and investigate data
- Effective communication skills with the ability to influence and deliver analysis in a meaningful way
The Hiring Process: -
Following CV screening you will be informed if you have been success at this stage via email, so please keep any eye on your inbox.
All interviews will take place at our site in Elmsall. If you are successful you will be invited to attend a first stage interview which will be competency based with some form on excel test, lasting approximately 1.5 hours. Thereafter the final stage will involve meeting the head of department giving you the opportunity to talk through your career aspirations and ask any questions you have.
Where possible, Next endeavour to support all applicants throughout the hiring process. If you require any reasonable adjustments in order to apply for this vacancy please contact us at email@example.com or call on 0116 272 7000.
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- On-site Nursery
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.