Finance Assistant Accountant
- Full time
36 Hours p/w
If you’re keen to develop your Finance experience within a FTSE 100 retailer and are looking for a varied role, we might have the perfect position for you.
About the Team
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our dynamic Finance team who are responsible for supporting our 500+ retail stores. Our Retail Cash Accounting team are responsible for delivering finance support to a number of key stakeholders across the business for a variety of purposes including:
- Tender Management
- Producing Management Information
- Monitoring and assessing performance statistics and trends
- Daily and weekly payment reconciliations
- Deliver project testing and reporting
About the role
- Be responsible for reconciling and managing retail stores credit and debit card and gift card balances for annual sales of around £2.6bn.
- Conducting analysis of banking write off P&L accounts, correcting any miss-postings and liaising with other departments and stores to correct errors.
- Liaise with various third parties to resolve any payment variances.
- Monitor and assess performance statistics and trends including identifying any problem areas/ concerns, reporting findings to be used in improving processes and conducting fraud management reporting.
- Provide detailed data analysis in relation to retail payments and conducting analysis and critical assessments of data.
- Be a key driver in project testing in terms of scoping tests and assessing the resultant output.
- Experience in a similar role and ideally part qualified and working towards CIMA/ ACCA/ ACA
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- High work tempo with the ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities
- Proven ability to plan and prioritise workloads whilst working within required deadlines
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to put forwards new ideas and processes and influence key stakeholders across the business
- Strong Excel skills and ideally experience of Power Pivot and SQL would be advantageous
Closing date: 28th Feb 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.