Regulatory Control - PMO
- Experience level
Regulatory Control - PMO
Regulatory Governance is within Regulatory Controllers in the finance department responsible driving for the progress of the Firm's regulatory capital agenda and ensuring that risks and issues are identified, reported and resolved. The team in based in London but works closely with Glasgow, Frankfurt, Budapest, and Mumbai offices.
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. We can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
What will you be doing?
- Partner with the Regulatory Controller Functional teams and Regulatory Change/IT teams to ensure prioritization of program resources around regulatory compliance, evolving reg agenda, process enhancement and reporting to senior management
- Liaison with Clients and IT colleagues to determine requirements, identify issues and track prioritization and remediation
- Tracking and monitor regulatory initiatives, and ensure escalation of any delays or other issues/risks to Regulatory reporting management as appropriate
- Facilitate resolution of cross-team dependencies and issues
- Provide project updates to periodic Regulatory Governance forums with senior management and regional leads
- Co-ordinate and review responses to regulatory requests, such as auditor and regulator requests
- Develop collaborative working relationships with regulatory functions and stakeholders to assist in delivery of in scope projects.
What we offer
- A leadership role in the Finance department of one of the world's top tier Financial Institutions - A supportive and vibrant diverse environment, we are inclusive of individual backgrounds and leverage them to foster our work environment and culture
- Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for continuous learning and advancement
- Professional development opportunities including access to Morgan Stanley's world-class internal training
- A desirable compensation and benefits package including eligibility for an annual bonus
Skills that will help you in the role:
- A regulatory business analysis or project management background gained in the Financial Services Industry, with experience of delivering small to medium scale initiatives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, including executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Experience of Capital/Leverage Regulatory calculation and reporting would be preferable but not mandatory.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work consistently and efficiently to achieve goals either as an individual or as part of a team
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to collaborate and build consensus
Equal opportunities statement:
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives, and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing, and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.