Regulatory Controllers AVP
- Experience level
Regulatory Controllers is a global team operating within the finance department responsible for the production, monitoring and reporting of regulatory capital information. The team in London works closely with the Glasgow, Frankfurt, Budapest and Mumbai offices.
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. We can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
What will you be doing?
- Engage across wider European and Global regulatory controllers' team
- Operate as the key contact for the capital reporting and disclosures, supporting monthly monitoring, quarterly submissions to the regulators as well as Pillar 3 disclosures, working closely with on and offshore teams.
- Scope of role requires detailed knowledge across multiple regulators, geographical locations and regulatory frameworks i.e., CRR vs IFR vs IFPR regulatory frameworks
- Drive requirement specification, testing and the implementation of new reporting.
- Scope of role requires a good understanding of PRA rulebook, ideally all aspects of reporting requirements.
- Ensure execution of ad hoc deliverables in response to regulator requests and supporting effective management decision making
- Provide leadership and direction around implementation of regulatory rule and reporting changes including infrastructure and operating model development
What we offer:
- A role in the Finance department of one of the world's top tier Financial Institutions
- A supportive and vibrant diverse environment, we are inclusive of individual backgrounds and leverage them to foster our work environment and culture
- Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for continuous learning and advancement
- Professional development opportunities including access to Morgan Stanley's world-class internal training
- A desirable compensation and benefits package including eligibility for an annual bonus
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Experience with regulatory capital or financial control preferred
- Established leadership and relationship building experience, specifically across multiple locations
- Clear, concise and adaptable communication style
- Demonstrable analysis, problem solving and attention to detail
- Planning and organization expertise working with virtual global teams
- Self-motivated personality with high standards for quality of work and accuracy
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications
- University degree or equivalent (BSc or BA) in finance or other numerical discipline preferred
- Postgraduate finance qualification ACCA, CIMA, ACA or equivalent
Flexible work statement:
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Internal mobility can be a way to grow your career and realize your professional potential. Typically, you must be in your position for at least 18 months and performing satisfactorily before applying for another job at the Firm. Internal applicants can find out more regarding career navigation, mobility guidelines and policy on our employee portal by clicking here.
Equal opportunities statement:
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives, and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing, and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.