Senior Manager - CBA Support Role
- Experience level
From global institutions to hedge funds, investors come to Morgan Stanley for sales, trading, and market-making services in every type of financial instrument in all the world’s financial markets. Morgan Stanley professionals use our network and technology to provide liquidity and sophisticated analysis, to manage risk and execute reliably in the fast-changing markets.
Morgan Stanley’s Institutional Equity Division (IED) is a world leader in the origination, distribution and trading of equity, equity-linked and equity-derivative securities. Our broad and deep client relationships, market-leading platform and intellectual insights enable us to be a world-class service provider to our clients for their financing, market access and portfolio management needs.
Global Markets Group is the offshoring arm of Morgan Stanley’s Equity businesses in India. It covers functions across IED ranging from those associated with sales, trading, analytics, strats to risk management.
The role is based in Mumbai and requires supporting the Asia CRM Team based in Hong Kong in the Institutional Equities Division. The role will require a fast-learning, dynamic, pro-active, and initiative-taking person to assist the team in maintaining, tracking, and analyzing client/business profitability. The role also requires a team leader who can help oversee Mumbai Asia CRM team’s day-to-day operations and monitor team performance.
The role involves working on –
- Client Revenue reporting: Prepare regular and Ad hoc revenue/resource analysis for senior distribution management highlighting revenue performance, momentum, identify over- or under-serviced clients.
- CRM Account Review preparation: Setting up weekly meetings, engaging with sales/sales trading coverage, updating Account management tool with business and product summaries.
- Votes: Capture broker vote information and provide senior management reporting for the same.
- Interactions reports: Producing client interactions reports to identify resource consumption.
- Client Tiering: Proposing revisions, maintaining, and updating client tiering details.
- Client and Business Review materials: which involve analyzing revenues, votes, interactions, and the performance on these parameters.
- Senior management meeting reporting: Prepare management packs and client briefs on opportunities, key action items, progress on key opportunities addressed, action items and votes.
- Onboarding and Execution of documentation – Commission Sharing Arrangements and Outsourced Trading agreements
- Revenue Impact analysis on Execution Rate movements.
The skills required for the role are the ability to learn quickly how to navigate databases, organizing data from these confidently in Excel, drawing meaningful conclusions and observations from the data and client intelligence and respond to requests promptly. This role also involves people management and effectively managing the tasks within the team.
- Communicate effectively - both verbally and written - with peers, onshore teams, product and country desks and technology to include strong questioning and listening skills and the ability to look beyond obvious answers to understand impact.
- Good collaborator and should be able to lead and manage a team. Help the team manage and prioritize tasks while ensuring quality and timely delivery of work. Motivate team members and discover team’s training needs and provide coaching.
- Identify best practices across teams and ideas and thoughts to make tasks and processes more efficient. Think of automation ideas and either automate themselves or work with IT to make processes effective and efficient.
- Have experience on working with multiple systems, applications, and databases
Skills required (essential)
- The basic skills required for the role are the ability to learn quickly how to navigate databases, analyze data from these confidently in Excel and respond to requests promptly.
Skill set required:
We are looking for a confident and outgoing person, who has exceptional attention to detail and is proactive in taking initiative. Successful candidates will have a proven work experience analyzing data.
- Graduate (BCOM/BMS) or MBA with 6+ years of experience.
- Knowledge and experience in the Finance industry is necessary, especially equity products.
- Excellent written & spoken English and excellent business writing skills
- Excellent telephone skills (regular phone contact with onshore teams required)
- People management experience is mandatory.
- Advanced knowledge and extensive hands‑on experience with Microsoft Office -Excel is mandatory.
- Knowledge of creating PowerPoint presentations would be beneficial
- VBA coding experience will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of QlikView and BOXI (BusinessObjects) will be an advantage
- Familiarity with databases, and the ability to analyse data confidently
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and high degree of diligence
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.