Statistical Reporting Controller - Associate
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Statistical Controller – Associate
The Glasgow Finance Division helps senior management and its individual business units manage the Firm's risk by implementing financial controls over our business activities. The division is crucial to safeguarding the Firm's franchise, reporting on current performance, and evaluating business opportunities.
We are currently seeking an Associate to join our External Reporting team. The role will report to a Director within the Glasgow team and will produce European statistical reporting. Outside of the production cycle, this role will input towards projects such as implementing evolving regulatory requirements and production process improvements.
The Disclosures team within Glasgow Finance is part of the global External Reporting team which produces financial regulatory reporting of the Firm in accordance with multiple accounting and regulatory frameworks. The team is responsible for preparing various financial disclosures of the Firm including those produced in accordance with IFRS as well as preparation of Financial Regulatory reporting to European Regulators.
As a result of the ever changing regulatory and financial reporting environment the team is a key contributor across numerous projects arising as new requirements are issued by our Regulators. The Disclosures team also invest in continual enhancement of production processes through digital tooling as well as enhancing our reporting control environment.
The team works closely with a number of stakeholders across the Firm including Global Product Controllers for the Institutional Securities Group business unit, Finance Technology as well as Legal Entity Control, and the Accounting Policy Group.
The team currently consists of 8 members based in Glasgow with a collaborative culture and a positive work environment, as evidenced by the average service length.
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. We can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
What will you be doing?
- Preparing Regulatory Balance Sheet-based external reporting.
- Preparing commentary and analysis to support the reporting.
- Conducting the production process ensuring delivery against production timetables.
- Trouble shooting data issues during quarterly production through effective communication and escalation to local line management.
- Responding to review questions raised on disclosures produced.
- Presenting disclosures and analytics to members of Finance Senior Management.
- Building an understanding of disclosure requirements and Morgan Stanley policies.
- Maintaining written procedures documents, ensuring key controls are in place.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience of financial/regulatory reporting
- Experience of working with large datasets
- Excellent communication skills including ability to escalate effectively and in a timely manner
- Appreciation of escalation and risk awareness
- Ability to challenge issues and processes
- Self-motivated and able to demonstrate initiative and problem-solving abilities
- Strong work ethic with an ability to take responsibility for completing tasks and working to deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to balance and effectively prioritise multiple issues
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Self-motivated with the ability to work consistently and efficiently to achieve goals either as an individual or as part of a team.
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Financial services and/or product knowledge
- Balance Sheet controller reporting experience
- Hold a CA/ACA/ACCA qualification
Where will you be working?
Located in Glasgow's dynamic International Financial Services District-our office has an open, diverse, thriving company culture. In 2000, we founded our Glasgow office with just six employees. Since then, our office has grown to more than 2,000 people in our Glasgow office. We have an open, inclusive culture that empowers employees to reach their individual and professional goals. We encourage everyone who works here to think like owners and take pride in our worldwide reputation.
Flexible work statement:
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Equal opportunities statement:
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives, and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing, and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.