Associate/Sr. Associate- DeltaOne Structured Products (Institutional Equity Division)
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
From global institutions to hedge funds, investors come to Morgan Stanley for sales, trading, and market-making services in almost every type of financial instrument in all the world’s financial markets. Morgan Stanley professionals use our network and technology to provide liquidity and sophisticated analysis, to manage risk and execute reliably in the fast-changing markets.
Morgan Stanley’s Institutional Equity Division (IED) is a world leader in the origination, distribution, and trading of equity, equity-linked and equity-derivative securities. Our broad and deep client relationships, market-leading platform, and intellectual insights enable us to be a world-class service provider to our clients for their financing, market access, and portfolio management needs.
Global Markets Group is the offshoring arm of Morgan Stanley’s Equity businesses in India. It covers functions across IED ranging from those associated with sales, trading, analytics, strats to risk management.
The Asian Swaps desk, headquartered in Hong Kong, trades delta-one products, predominantly equity swaps over most Asian stock markets with hedge fund and other institutional clients. The role is to support this team from India.
The analyst role will broadly involve owning the following responsibilities:
- Supporting the desk in day-to-day trading and booking tasks
- Analytical support for trading book management and P&L optimization
- Onboarding tasks for new clients - Entering accounts in the system, moving existing swaps into new folders etc.
- Corp actions processing, chasing for risk updates on paying corporate actions
- Support for Give-ups booking, cash/swap amendments, end-of-day swings
- Comfortable working on multiple tasks in parallel and managing tactical intra-day deadlines
- Systematic, methodical, diligent and attentive to detail
- Ability to handle and process considerable volume of email traffic
- Business Knowledge:
- Knowledge of Delta-One products like Indices, warrants, futures, stock loan and FX preferred
- Understanding of financial concepts e.g. hedging, leverage, financing, corporate actions, tax
- Proficient analytical/math skills
- Ability to mine large quantities of data for significant trends and patterns
- Comfortable with using several complex firm systems
- Engage with traders over business issues and in business-oriented conversation
- Engage with internal and external teams such as brokers, operations, IT, documentation etc.
- Work independently:
- Working independently, yet need to be engage with several trading and support groups within the firm
- Suggest process improvements and P&L enhancement opportunities
- Experience and excellent knowledge of using Microsoft Office suite (Excel/VBA and Access)
- Database programming experience (SQL) preferred
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.