IED - EMEA Non-Market Risk Manager
- Experience level
We are hiring into our Institutional Equities Division for a Non-Market Risk Manager at the Vice President level. This is an excellent opportunity for someone from a proven controls background with strong IED and Prime Brokerage product knowledge to take on a business-facing role on our trading floor.
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management, and wealth management services.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. We can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve, and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives, and needs is an important part of our culture.
What will you be doing?
- Providing dedicated support of Prime Brokerage non-market risk matters, including Core PB, Client Clearing, DSP (Delta Structured Products) and Securities Lending
- Investigating operational risk escalation matters and assisting on the associated remediation
- Engaging with global regulators on exams and enquiries impacting the above businesses
- Partnering with Desk Heads, global counterparts, and functional areas to roll out new business initiatives in a risk-controlled manner
- Vetting and approval of new client opportunities.
- Review of market-wide changes impacting the above businesses
- Advising senior members of IED on management of non-market risks
- Leading deep-dive business reviews to proactively identify risk issues
- Design and implementation of robust control solutions
- Liaising with Internal Audit, Independent Risk Management functions, regulators, and clients as appropriate
What we’re looking for:
- A solid knowledge of equities and prime brokerage
- A control-focused approach and ability to make appropriate risk decisions in a time-pressured environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior management within IED and across other MS Divisions
- Solution-driven approach to identified issues
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Ability to co-ordinate across the broader firm to deliver a stronger control framework
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise effectively
Where will you be working?
- 20 Bank Street, Canary Wharf, E14 4AD
Flexible work statement:
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Internal mobility can be a way to grow your career and realize your professional potential. Typically, you must be in your position for at least 18 months and performing satisfactorily before applying for another job at the Firm. Internal applicants can find out more regarding career navigation, mobility guidelines and policy on our employee portal by clicking here.
Equal opportunities statement:
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives, and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing, and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.