Macro Research, Emerging Markets Macro Strategist, Vice President
- Experience level
Morgan Stanley Investment Research is one of the financial industry's dominant thought leaders in equity and fixed-income investing. Our teams collaborate to assist Morgan Stanley clients with investment decisions, using cash and derivative instruments across major asset classes and geographies. The Global FXEM Strategy team is seeking a macro strategist to join the team in London. The primary responsibility would be to cover rates/bond and FX markets in the CEEMEA region, with the potential to lead the firm’s franchise for the region
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management, and wealth management services.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. We can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve, and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
What will you be doing?
- You will be able to take part in all aspects of the research production – from idea generation, data analysis, report writing and then promoting to clients.
- You will have responsibility for the team’s views on rates, local currency bond, and FX markets of the countries under your coverage. You will develop investment ideas, trade recommendations and promote these to internal and external clients.
- As a strategist you can expect to learn from and work with senior members of the team on specific projects, collaborate with a variety of different teams within the research department, and also work independently.
What we’re looking for:
- You have a strong academic background with a degree in a business-related field, or equivalent.
- Demonstrable expertise in global macro and Emerging Markets is a critical pre-requisite for the role, including in both macroeconomics and financial market issues.
- Expert knowledge of fixed income markets is essential.
- Proven background in research production.
- Statistical and quantitative skills with a background in Microsoft Excel and knowledge of various coding languages packages would be desirable.
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team player and interact effectively with other research teams across the firm.
- High self-motivation and ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate competence with numerical concepts and tools.
Certified Persons Regulatory Requirements:
This role is deemed as a Certified role and may require the role holder to hold mandatory regulatory qualifications or the minimum qualifications to meet internal company benchmarks.
Where will you be working?
- Morgan Stanley’s London office, 20 Bank Street in Canary Wharf
Flexible work statement:
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Internal mobility can be a way to grow your career and realize your professional potential. Typically, you must be in your position for at least 18 months and performing satisfactorily before applying for another job at the Firm. Internal applicants can find out more regarding career navigation, mobility guidelines, and policy on our employee portal by clicking here.
Equal opportunities statement:
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross-section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives, and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing, and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
investment ideas, trade recommendations and promote these to internal and external clients.
- As a strategist, you can expect to learn from and work with senior members of the team on specific projects, collaborate with a variety of different teams within the research department, and also work independently.