Internal Audit Risk Management Senior Manager
- Experience level
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley's Internal Audit Department reports to the Firm's Board Audit Committee and comprises business, technology and risk auditors. Our mission is to be recognized as a strong and high performing audit function that is viewed as a trusted authority and advisor to the Board, Firm management and industry regulators in assessing and strengthening the Firm's control environment. Internal Audit provides independent assurance on the quality and effectiveness of Morgan Stanley's internal control, risk management and governance systems and processes.
Morgan Stanley is seeking an experienced auditor to join its Risk Management audit team in Frankfurt to cover enterprise-wide risk management within the MSEHSE Group. The Risk Management audit team performs audits of the second line of defense to form a view on the effectiveness of controls operating within Firm Risk Management.
What will be your doing?
- Support the evaluation of the inherent risks, control environments and residual risks of the different MSEHSE Group Risk Management activities;
- Participate in the annual MSEHSE Group Risk Management audit planning process;
- Execute audits in line with audit methodology and within defined timeline and budgets;
- Co-ordinate with auditors around the globe and with different specialisations to ensure timely and effective completion of the assurance activities;
- Write clear and impactful audit reports and findings;
- Communicate audit findings concisely to the Internal Audit lead auditor and auditees;
- Track implementation of remediation actions designed to strengthen internal controls;
- Develop solid work relationships.
What we're looking for:
- 5 + years of relevant experience in financial services, with a preference for those with experience of auditing risk management functions within fully regulated European Banking entities, in compliance with applicable regulation;
- Good knowledge of the risk management domain, e.g. market risk, credit risk, liquidity risk, and model risk;
- Demonstrates critical thinking, a strong risk and control mindset, and analytical and problem-solving skills with the drive to develop independent viewpoints and innovative ideas;
- Self-motivated and a proven team player, with a strong sense of ownership and accountability;
- Ability to work under pressure and achieve results, whilst maintaining a professional and focused approach;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to present complex and sensitive findings to senior management;
- Advanced verbal and written English language skills required.
Internal mobility can be a way to grow your career and realize your professional potential. Typically, you must be in your position for at least 18 months and performing satisfactorily before applying for another job at the Firm. Internal applicants can find out more regarding career navigation, mobility guidelines and policy on our employee portal by clicking here.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives, and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing, and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.