AVP - Regulatory Controller
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
About the Role:
This role is within the Credit Risk SME team within Regulatory Controllers. The individual performs a vital review and challenge function for multiple mandatory external submissions, supports both MSI & MSEHSE capital calculation processes & investigations, including requests that come direct from Regulators, as well as has responsibilities associated with the ongoing regulatory change agenda including Basel 3 Endgame.
About Morgan Stanley:
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. We can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
About the Department:
Regulatory Controllers are responsible for ensuring that Morgan Stanley maintains adequate capital resources to meet the firm's investment business commitments and to withstand the risks to which the business is subject, e.g., Market Risk and Counterparty Risk. Regulatory Controllers form part of the wider Financial Control Group. Regulatory controllers’ duties include:
- Monitoring regulatory compliance in accordance with Basel 3 for European regulated entities
- Reporting accurate and timely capital usage information to the CFO group and externally the PRA, JST and the EBA.
- Facilitating capital efficiency by working with the business and regulators on approvals, appropriate structuring of new trades and continual elevation of capital usage.
What will you be doing?
- Oversight and management of aspects of the Credit Risk Capital team, offering strong support to the team lead.
- Very high focus on existing Capital rules and the accuracy and compliance of our calculations and processes, taking a leading role in an ongoing governance and assurance agenda.
- Working with Regulatory calculation teams in remote locations to validate capital charges and to advise on investigation and reporting.
- Direct involvement in projects relating to ongoing and upcoming regulatory initiatives (eg Basel III Endgame), as well as run the bank improvements and implementation within current capital systems and future state builds.
- Respond to ad-hoc information requests from Regulators and Business Units, performing impact analysis as necessary.
- Presentation of data to senior management.
- Close coordination with Firm risk management, other capital reporting teams, BU controllers, trading desks, operations, and reconciliation teams.
What we’re looking for:
- Strong understanding of European Regulatory Rule Book both for advanced and standardized approaches, CoRep capital and large exposure returns, Pillar 3 and other European and UK regulatory rulesets/returns.
- Prior Regulatory experience is highly desirable.
- Proven ability to perform adhoc analysis on complex datasets, draw out themes & key issues and communicate findings to senior stakeholders.
- Proven track record of execution driven chasing of issues through many layers to discover root causes.
- Attention to detail and time management are essential skills for this role. In addition, the candidate should have the flexibility required to work in a dynamic environment under tight deadlines.
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Good communication skills are required, and the candidate must work well in a team environment
- Degree Qualification
Where will you be working?
25 Cabot Square Canary Wharf London
Morgan Stanley has a supportive and vibrant diverse work environment. We are inclusive of individual backgrounds and leverage them to foster our work environment and culture
Flexible work statement:
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Equal opportunities statement:
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives, and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing, and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.