Macro Non-Market Risk Manager - Executive Director (London)
- Experience level
We are looking for a commercially minded risk manager to join our Fixed Income Division in EMEA. This is a newly created role devised with the goal of ensuring the department can get ahead of potential non-financial risk issues and therefore retain our high standards of client focus and delivery.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a proven track record in managing and mitigating risk (ideally from a revenue generating seat) in addition to displaying excellent macro market knowledge, across the full suite of asset classes.
This role will be perfect for someone who is excited by helping shape the business unit risk management function and by building a best in class function. To this end, you will need to be driven, resilient and excited by change.
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence, and strong team ethic. We can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
What will you be doing?
- Covering Macro, which comprises of Rates and FX, from a Non-Market Risk perspective
- You will be partnering with sales, trading and structuring desks as to ensure business strategy and transaction decisions are within our non-financial risk appetite
- Working alongside federal/central Business Unit Risk Management and Non-Financial Risk teams in order to deliver the right business conduct, operational, and regulatory outcomes.
- Delivering periodic and ad-hoc reports to the fixed income operating committee, desk heads and wider support functions within Morgan Stanley
- Acting as advisor on non-financial risk issues and whilst you’ll be expected to escalate where appropriate, you will be expected to be a decision maker on issues within your remit.
- Assisting with the growth of appropriate risk culture through the division, through training sessions, appropriate escalation and general conduct.
Where will you be working?
20 Bank Street, Canary Wharf, E14 4AD
Flexible work statement:
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Equal opportunities statement:
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives, and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing, and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
What we’re looking for:
- Someone with excellent macro market knowledge, gained from either a revenue generating seat or from a first line of defence function
- A team player who is adaptable and willing to tackle problems head on.
- Someone who works well under pressure and is able to demonstrate they can appropriately manage and prioritise multiple pieces of work.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.