Internal Audit Risk Management Technology Associate
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking/ securities/ investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations/governments and individuals from more than 1200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader/ the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together/ we share a common set of values rooted in integrity/ excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn/ to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles/ perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley's Internal Audit Department reports to the Firm's Board Audit Committee and comprises financial, technology and risk auditors. Our mission is to be recognized as a strong and high performing audit function that is viewed as a trusted authority and advisor to the Board, Firm management and industry regulators in assessing and strengthening the Firm's control environment. Internal Audit provides independent assurance on the quality and effectiveness of Morgan Stanley's internal control, risk management and governance systems and processes.
Technology Auditors focus on the application and system infrastructure controls that manage business risks and are responsible for understanding, analyzing, and testing the technology controls, including those over data accuracy, completeness and processing, systems development, application security and entitlements, production management and technology governance. Technology Auditors work closely with our Business Auditors to perform integrated audits.
Morgan Stanley is seeking a strong IT Audit candidate to cover the applications and system infrastructure supporting Firm Risk Management division.
- Provide technology audit coverage in integrated and IT specific audits through risk assessments, audit planning, testing, reporting, and issue closure verification.
- Develop an understanding of the Risk Management areas reviewed (i.e. Market Risk, Credit Risk, Operation Risk, Model Risk) and the technology that supports them. Prior knowledge of risk management systems a plus.
- Build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including financial auditors located in local and international locations.
- Three to five years of IT Audit experience, preferably with a Financial Services, Brokerage, or Public Accounting Firm
- Excellent ability to partner with Technology and Financial Auditors and work within a global team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills is essential - there is a lot of communication between this role and the Risk Management business and technology audit teams located in local and international locations (EMEA, Americas and India).
- Ability to carry out audit execution and work on multiple audit assignments, while meeting deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor's Degree (Computer Science or IT related preferred)
- CISA or CISSP certification (preferred/ though not required)
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.