Associate Director, Treasury Markets
- Experience level
JOB TITLE: Associate Director, Treasury Markets
SALARY: £77,301 - £95,000
LOCATION(S): London Gresham Street
HOURS: Full time
WORKING PATTERN: Hybrid, 40% (or two days) in Gresham Street, London
About this opportunity
Are you an experienced Finance professional looking for your next opportunity?
We're looking for an Associate Director to join us in our Recovery and Resolution team working in Group Corporate Treasury.
In this role you'll work alongside our existing Resolution and Recovery Team to deliver the Group's Recovery and Resolution plan submissions alongside related stress testing and co-ordination of the Group's Recovery and Resolution capabilities.
This role would be suitable for an experienced Manager who is looking to progress their career and gain exposure to wide range of senior stakeholders and governance forums (including Board) whilst taking ownership of key deliverables. You will play a key role in developing our understanding of the process of resolution and embedding this into business as usual activities, testing supporting capabilities, the submission of the Group's Recovery Plan and the Resolvability Assessment Framework self-assessment to the Bank of England, preparing for public market disclosures in 2024 and addressing regulatory feedback.
You'll be joining a diverse team, in a fast-paced environment, with scope to learn, develop and grow. This is a great role for an individual who thrives in thought leadership, influencing senior colleagues.
Day to day you'll be;
- Involved in the Recovery and Resolution planning for the Group, with this being the heart of the Group's preparation for managing the impact of stress (and ultimately any likelihood of failure) an important topic as recently demonstrated by global market events.
- Co-ordinating work plan deliverables and reporting across Resolution and Recovery stakeholders.
- Lead delivery of document production and design, governance and co-ordination of stress testing to ensure resolution and recovery processes are robust and ensure the Group challenges and delivers its internal capabilities ensuring the organisation maintains a cohesive plan to address risks of failure, can address stress events in a timely and orderly manner without operational, economic or social consequences whilst maintaining all critical functions and maintain our access to financial market infrastructure.
- The role will work across the Recovery and Resolution spectrum, providing opportunity to be engaged in liquidity, restructuring, valuations, communications and all aspects of ensuring the Group remains able to deliver its recovery and resolution strategy.
If you think all banks are the same, you'd be wrong. We're an innovative, fast-changing business that's shaping finance as a force for good. A bank that's empowering its people to innovate, explore possibilities and grow with purpose.
What you'll need
In order to be at your best in this role, you'll need to be comfortable dealing with senior colleagues across Treasury and the wider group, as well as interacting with external parties including regulators, legal and consultancy firms and investment banks.
- Recovery and resolution planning or related regulatory topics, funding and liquidity, or other relevant treasury experience.
- The ability to prioritise your workload and adapt to challenges as they present themselves.
- Attention to detail and ability to write concise narrative, board presentations and governance papers.
And any experience of these would be really useful
- Curiosity and problem-solving skills with the ability to convey seemingly complex concepts simply and succinctly
- Confident in formulating proposals and recommendations and presenting to senior management.
About working for us
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms.
We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture.
We were one of the first major organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, create a menopause health package, and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative.
And it's why we especially welcome applications from under-represented groups.
We're disability confident. So if you'd like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know.
We also offer a wide-ranging benefits package, which includes:
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- An annual bonus award, subject to Group performance
- Share schemes including free shares
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping
- 30 days' holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies
Want to do amazing work, that's interesting and makes a difference to millions of people? Join our journey.