Senior Pricing Manager
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
JOB TITLE: Senior Pricing Manager
SALARY: £87,504 - £132,010
LOCATION(S): London, Bristol or Edinburgh
HOURS: Full time
WORKING PATTERN: Hybrid, 40% (or two days) in an office site
About this opportunity
You'll be joining us within the Technical Pricing Team. We're responsible for setting the bases for all our life insurance products, working closely with the pricing teams to deliver market leading products.
As a senior actuary in this team, your focus will be on driving and delivering best in class pricing methodology and bases for bulk annuities. This will include ensuring that pricing is appropriately consistent with profitability hurdles, capital, risk, financial reporting and operational treatments. To do this as a team we need to keep up to date with internal, industry and commercial developments.
Our team works out of our Edinburgh, Bristol and London hubs, therefore ideally, you'd be based a commutable distance from one of these areas however, location can be flexible for this role. We work in a hybrid model, splitting our time between the office and working from home but colleagues have flexibility to choose where they work from.
On a typical day, you may be working across functions to drive the development of our pricing basis, managing the team to quantify the impact of any change, writing, or reviewing a paper for a committee or working with customers to ensure the change and its impact is understood.
Your accountabilities will include:
- Leading the development of pricing basis influencing and delivering through a virtual team
- Driving thought leadership on basis development
- Presenting at senior committees
- Summarising and delivering complex technical information
- Managing the team and influencing other teams to deliver high quality, timely results
- Coaching team members to be their best
- Calling out, handling and mitigating risks in a timely fashion
If you think all banks are the same, you'd be wrong. We're an innovative, fast-changing business that's shaping finance as a force for good. A bank that's empowering its people to innovate, explore possibilities and grow with purpose.
What you'll need
It's crucial that you:
- Are a qualified Actuary, or have gained actuarial experience within a similar role
- Have pension risk transfer experience / a strong understanding of bulk annuities
- Are commercially minded and have had some previous exposure to pricing activity
And desirable that you have:
- Strong project management and organisational skills alongside a proven track record of delivery in high pressure environments
- An understanding of longevity and funded reinsurance.
About working for us
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms.
We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture.
We were one of the first major organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, create a menopause health package, and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative.
And it's why we especially welcome applications from under-represented groups.
We're disability confident. So, if you'd like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know.
We also offer a wide-ranging benefits package, which includes:
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- An annual bonus award, subject to Group performance
- Share schemes including free shares
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping
- 30 days' holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies
Want to do amazing work, that's interesting and makes a difference to millions of people? Join our journey.