Product Control Assistant Manager
- Experience level
- Part qualified
JOB TITLE: Product Control Assistant Manager
SALARY: £41,292 - £45,880
HOURS: Full time
WORKING PATTERN: Hybrid, 40% (or two days) in the Edinburgh office
About this opportunity
Are you an experienced professional looking for an opportunity to join a successful team?
We are looking for an Assistant manager to join us to interpret sophisticated processes and manage the efficient and effective production of high quality output and analysis. This role sits within the Trading Book Product Control team, within Finance Valuation Control - Product Control.
This is a unique opportunity to join a team who demonstrate a desire to foster all of their colleague development goals, via learning opportunities, knowledge sharing and cross training.
Day to day you'll be;
- Reviewing and preparing daily P&L production, reconciliations, signoffs, issue resolution.
- Supporting the month end close processes associated with accurately reporting and independently validating the bank's balance sheet in a timely manner.
- Supporting a robust control framework for all processes within remit.
- Undertaking ad hoc work and investigation arising from partner requests.
- Supporting delivery of efficiencies and a culture of continuous improvement.
- Establishing and building relationships with partners.
- Mentoring junior colleagues
We're on an exciting journey to transform our Group and the way we're shaping finance for good. We're focusing on the future, investing in our technologies, workplaces, and colleagues to make our Group a great place for everyone. Including you.
What you'll need
To be considered for this role you will be able to demonstrate that you have experience of Product Control, with knowledge of Financial Instruments You will also demonstrate the skills and experience as outlined below;
- Qualified or part qualified with a desire for further study
- Knowledge of Financial Instruments
- Relationship building and Stakeholder management
- Numerate and competent with MS Office applications especially Excel
- Interest in Process Improvement
And any experience of these would be really useful
- Experience of SQL and Macros
About working for us
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms.
We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture.
We were one of the first major organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, create a menopause health package, and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative.
And it's why we especially welcome applications from under-represented groups.
We're disability confident. So if you'd like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know.
We also offer a wide-ranging benefits package, which includes:
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- An annual bonus award, subject to Group performance
- Share schemes including free shares
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping
- 28 days' holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies
Want to do amazing work, that's interesting and makes a difference to millions of people? Join our journey.