Financial Reporting Manager
- Experience level
JOB TITLE: Financial Reporting Manager
SALARY: £61,641 -£68,490
HOURS: Full time
WORKING PATTERN: Hybrid, 40% (or two days) in an office site
About this opportunity
Are you looking for personal development, career progression, and a chance to make a real difference to the way Finance operates?
If you enjoy working in a fast paced environment, interacting with a wide range of senior colleagues, want to improve your business understanding and have a desire to continually improve and innovate in a collaborative fashion, you'll be well suited to this role.
We're looking for a committed finance professional to join the External Reporting and Analysis team within the Insurance, Pensions and Investments Finance area (IP&I). This role is for the Scottish Widows Reporting team within ER&A, reporting into the Senior Finance Manager. The team takes pride in delivering reporting in a controlled and informative way, explaining the impact of performance and transactions to our partners within the Group, and externally. In this role you'll have exposure to multiple areas of the IP&I business, as well as the wider Banking Group.
You'll be responsible for;
- Reporting processes including the month end close, the operation of controls and analysing the result, IFRS reporting and Solvency II reporting.
- Producing timely and accurate financial reporting.
- Delivering continuous improvements to processes including the continued integration of new IFRS17 processes into month end close.
- Collaborating with and building great working relationships with our key service providers and customers.
If you think all banks are the same, you'd be wrong. We're an innovative, fast-changing business that's shaping finance as a force for good. A bank that's empowering its people to innovate, explore possibilities and grow with purpose.
What you'll need
You'll be a qualified finance professional with a good track record of personal growth and achievement, including experience in a Financial Reporting role. You'll thrive in building and developing relationships, using your communication skills to engage with peers and wider business colleagues. As this role is busy and varied you will be well versed in organising and prioritising your tasks on a daily basis.
About working for us
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms.
We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture.
We were one of the first major organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, create a menopause health package, and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative.
And it's why we especially welcome applications from under-represented groups.
We're disability confident. So if you'd like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know.
We also offer a wide-ranging benefits package, which includes:
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- An annual bonus award, subject to Group performance
- Share schemes including free shares
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping
- 30 days' holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies
Ready to start growing with purpose? Apply today.