Finance Manager, Planning and Analysis CoE (12 Month FTC)
- Experience level
SALARY: £61,641- £68,490
HOURS: Full-time (12 Month FTC)
WORKING PATTERN: Our work style is hybrid, which involves spending at least two days per week, or 40% of our time, at one of our office sites.
About this opportunity:
We are on a journey to build the bank of the future, and we need your skills, insight, knowledge and drive!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Finance Manager to join the Planning and Analysis team, looking after the Group Executive Functions (GEF) area.
The role sits within a Centre of Excellence (CoE) within Group Cost Management and reports to the Senior Finance Manager for GEF Planning and Analysis. The CoE provides a service dedicated to enabling and serving Finance Business Partners, made up of three teams: the Planning and Analysis (P&A) team, the Reporting and Controls (R&C) team, and the Performance Improvement (PI) team.
You'll work closely with Finance Business Partners (FBPs) to support their business areas by delivering insightful Management Information (MI) for both month end and planning cycles. You'll also play an active role in the Cost Transformation that is ongoing, providing SME input and engagement throughout the journey ahead.
Our ethos of Building The Best Team in Finance promotes a positive and empowered culture where you'll enjoy a diverse, innovative and exciting place to work!
We're looking for someone who can:
- Lead on the production of insightful reporting and MI packs for both BAU & Platform cost base e.g. Flash, Month End and planning rounds as well as scoping new management reporting.
- Lead on the production of forecasting and strategic 4 year plans, working closely with our Finance Business Partners to provide the relevant insight and analysis to assist them to have the right conversations with their respective business areas
- Review, investigate and challenge material exceptions and provide high quality commentary.
- Creation of scenario modelling and analysis for FBPs to support in the restatement process and other ad hoc analysis. Exercising robust controls and review processes to ensure the information provided is of a high standard
- Actively assist and empower junior colleagues to assist in the creation of a successful and engaged team to achieve objectives and deliver above expectations
- Review and oversight of junior colleagues' outputs, and timely escalation to appropriate management for issue resolution
- Continuously promote and embed a process improvement culture within the team
- Embody the Lloyds values of Putting customers first, Making a difference together and Keeping it simple
- Represent Group Cost Management across all key stakeholders, including the Costs CoE teams, Finance Business Partners and Cost Transformation Project teams. Build and maintain regular contact and strong working relationships with key stakeholders
- Provide insightful information, guidance and advice to influence and aid stakeholder decisions
Why Lloyds Banking Group
If you think all banks are the same, you'd be wrong. We're an innovative, fast-changing business that's shaping finance as a force for good. A bank that's empowering its people to innovate, explore possibilities and grow with purpose.
What you'll need:
You'll be looking to build on the finance professional career you've already started and be able to bring the following skills and experience:
- Qualified management accountant (or qualified by experience)
- Technical experience includes Financial Control specific accountabilities i.e., Month End, Planning / Forecasting, MI/Reporting and Reconciliations & Control
- Some prior exposure to process improvement activity.
- Competent user of Finance systems and software.
- Experience working within a COE or shared service Finance function, within a large, complex organisation.
- Financial Services experience would be beneficial.
You'll also be an adept communicator, with well-honed written, presentation and verbal communication skills.
About working for us:
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms.
We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture.
We were one of the first major organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, create a menopause health package, and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative.
And it's why we especially welcome applications from under-represented groups.
We're disability confident. So if you'd like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know.
We also offer a wide-ranging benefits package, which includes:
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- An annual bonus award, subject to Group performance
- Share schemes including free shares
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping
- 30 days' holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies
Want to do amazing work, that's interesting and makes a difference to millions of people? Join our journey.