Senior Manager - Group Tax
- Experience level
JOB TITLE: Senior Manager, Group Tax
SALARY: £85,225 - £100,300
HOURS: Full time
WORKING PATTERN: Hybrid, 40% (or two days) in Edinburgh
About this opportunity
We want to be the best bank for our customers as what we do makes a genuine difference to families, businesses and communities. Could you help us make this possible?
Group Tax and is responsible for handling the CT compliance and reporting for LBG as a whole. As a specialist leader in the team you'll provide informative, high quality sophisticated output and advice, delivering influential insight and guidance on the Group's tax affairs, to assist decision-making and ensuring compliance obligations are met.
You'll take ownership of compliance processes, including the preparation and finalisation of CT returns for group entities, ensuring adherence with appropriate risk management principles. Handling relationships with important internal customers and acting as their business partner, while taking mentorship from their senior peer group will drive you forward.
Day to day you'll be:
- Supervising tax reporting matters, including preparation of tax accounting and reporting disclosures for individual entities and as part of quarterly group reporting cycles.
- Interpreting and applying policies and risk governance (under SOX and SAO environments) to achieve specified outputs and deliverables.
- Identifying shortcomings, suggesting improvements and implementing approved revisions to current compliance processes, systems and procedures including consideration of technology and data changes impacting CT processes.
- Providing advice and insight on the application of processes and policies, monitoring implementation of procedures within the team and wider impact for business and finance partners.
If you think all banks are the same, you'd be wrong. We're an innovative, fast-changing business that's shaping finance as a force for good. A bank that's empowering its people to innovate, explore possibilities and grow with purpose.
What you'll need
We're looking for a senior Tax specialist who has experience in UK Corporate Tax compliance and accounting (specifically IAS12), who can demonstrate a sound understanding of legislation and applicable case law.
Specifically we're looking for:
- A professional qualification ( CA/CTA)
- Established Relationship management skills, with a proven track record to analyse, challenge and influence at senior level
- A good understanding of risk expectations for a tax function impacted by SOX, Senior Accounting Officer and Public Tax Strategy regimes
- Experience in preparing and reviewing CT returns and related tax accounting / disclosure matters.
About working for us
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms.
We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture.
We were one of the first major organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, create a menopause health package, and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative.
And it's why we especially welcome applications from under-represented groups.
We're disability confident. So if you'd like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know.
We also offer a wide-ranging benefits package, which includes:
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- An annual bonus award, subject to Group performance
- Share schemes including free shares
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping
- 30 days' holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies.
Want to do amazing work, that's interesting and makes a difference to millions of people? Join our journey.