Actuarial Manager - Reporting
- Experience level
JOB TITLE: Actuarial Manager - Reporting
SALARY: £82,589 - £91,710
LOCATION(s): Bristol Harbourside or Edinburgh
HOURS: Full time
WORKING PATTERN: Hybrid, 40% (or two days) in either office site
About this opportunity
Are you a Qualified Actuary with the skills and experience to help us on our Journey?
We have a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper and to become the best bank for our customers. What we do makes a genuine difference to families, businesses and communities and we're playing a central role in creating a thriving UK economy. Finance is key to that success by securing and building the financial strength and performance of the Bank.
In the reporting team, we're continuously improving outputs in order to deliver greater insight, drive efficiency and improve control. Our intention is to make further use of granular data sources, harness innovative technologies and change our ways of working as a result.
In this role you'll deliver insightful financial reporting, across both IFRS17 and Solvency II, through leveraging granular data sources combined with the latest technologies and analytical techniques.
Day to day you'll be;
- Undertaking focused investigations to solve problems and drive insight during regular reporting cycles.
- Using your curious mindset, with freedom to experiment with new techniques to improve analysis.
- Managing a direct report, supporting their development.
- Interacting with projects that are delivering new capability, from idea generation through to implementation.
- Building and maintaining relationships with partners to optimise outputs and inform business decisions.
- Coaching and influencing others to support adoption of new ways of working.
We're on an exciting journey to transform our Group and the way we're shaping finance for good. We're focusing on the future, investing in our technologies, workplaces, and colleagues to make our Group a great place for everyone. Including you.
What you'll need
- Qualified Actuary with experience in managing individuals to success.
- Well-developed people skills and a history of building effective and collaborative relationships, both within the team and with other areas.
- Strong stakeholder collaboration and communication skills.
- Exceptional analytical skills and familiar with up-to-date tools (e.g., R, Tableau)
- Likely to be a qualified actuary
- Good understanding of insurance products and the underlying cash flows
About working for us
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms.
We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture.
We were one of the first major organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, create a menopause health package, and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative.
And it's why we especially welcome applications from under-represented groups.
We're disability confident. So if you'd like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know.
We also offer a wide-ranging benefits package, which includes:
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- An annual bonus award, subject to Group performance
- Share schemes including free shares
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping
- 30 days' holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies
Ready to start growing with purpose? Apply today.