- Experience level
We are looking for someone with significant technical expertise and experience of auditing listed clients and PIEs. The successful candidate will be able to display:
- Experience of dealing with QAD and FRC reviews
- Willingness and ability to run Firm wide training responsibilities in respect of IFRS and PIE audits
- Willingness to combine a client facing role with an internal role supporting the technical needs of the Audit team firm-wide
- Ability to draft high-level technical articles to assist with internal training and external Business Development
- Have existing links into ICAEW groups/forums to influence direction of travel in financial reporting and auditing or willingness to become involved
- Experience of managing high quality technical audits of PIEs / listed audits (AIM and Full Market)
- Highly competent reviewer of financial statements prepared under IFRS
- Willingness and ability to develop a Business Development plan for listed audit work
- Experience of building a specific team for this purpose
- A desire for career progression and for achieving RI status in their own right if desired
1. Job Purpose:
- To oversee the delivery of the Audit function workflow and, acting in the capacity of a formally approved ‘Responsible Individual’, to directly manage a portfolio of Audit client relationships.
- To provide high levels of technical specialism to clients directly and to internal KR client partners/managers.
- To ensure provision of a high-quality client service experience for all Audit clients whilst ensuring adherence to individual job budgets and maximum fee recovery. The successful candidate does not need to be an approved RI on application but would be supported toward achieving this if desired.
2. Values – Demonstrates ‘living’ of the company’s values.
- Understand - Be curious, ask more & listen. Put yourself in the other person’s shoes.
- Look Ahead - Anticipate the future, plan for it, and embrace the benefits of change.
- Make it Personal - Adapt to others’ needs, flex your style to get the best outcome for every situation.
- Be Crystal Clear - Consult others, give helpful feedback; ensure people know what’s going on, and how it impacts on them.
- Be Human - Invest time in building strong relationships, have a positive ‘can do’ attitude and help others to grow.
3. Scope/Reach & Key Relationships
- Departmental functional responsibility
- Technical specialist supporting for internal and external needs
- Business plan ownership & input
- Own client portfolio/contacts for ongoing management and development
- Partners and employees who are key stakeholders in audit work across the SL
- Formal people management responsibility for Audit senior managers/managers where appropriate
- (see separate people manager job spec document)
- Government bodies and external organisations such as HMRC and ICAEW
4. Principal Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
Job/Workflow & Technical Management
- Act as a primary technical specialist for Audit related work for both own and others’ clients, as well as internally for other KR people requiring technical input
- Oversee the planning, prioritising, resourcing and allocation of all relevant client audit work ensuring effective manager team workflow
- Oversee & ensure departmental adherence to scoping and budgeting processes for all client audit work
- Ensure a departmental culture of full agreement of fees for client work prior to it being undertaken
- Ensure all client audit work is managed within budget in line with The KR Way standards of performance document (in particular The Life of an Audit)
- Oversee the monitoring of work progress and ensure appropriate levels of communication with all clients and internal stakeholders on jobs progress
- Ensure SL wide preparation of bills for Audit work done and ensure timely sending to client
- Sign off and authorisation of documents/accounts/returns where legally acceptable
Client, Internal and External Organisational Contact
- Manage, support and develop a significant client portfolio, ensuring the maximising of client advocacy and fee levels from own portfolio with audit report sign off responsibility
- Ensure sufficient departmental contact resource is available for clients, Kreston Reeves personnel and external organisations with self and team members as appropriate
- Ensure overall provision for high levels of client service is in place across the Audit SL
- Provide appropriate access and support for other internal departments to Audit clients so as to assist the cross selling of services into the Audit client base
- Provide support to the Audit Service Line on client technical issues
- Take a lead role in any regulatory review (FRC, QAD etc…)
- Prepare and present internal training sessions
Leadership, People Management and Development
- Ensure the defining and agreeing of formal objectives for all direct reports in line with the Audit SL business plan
- Monitor individual and team performance versus original objectives and departmental KPIs
- Provide regular feedback to all direct reports on their performance via ‘1:1’ meetings
- Conduct regular assessments of each direct report’s competence, motivation and required support and resources and where ‘gaps’ versus the job specification are observed, take specific action to rectify via the creation of a personal development plan
- Provide support at internal & external interviews for team members at senior manager level and below
Internal Financial Management & Business Planning
- Provide technical input as required into the strategic direction of the Audit service line and the overall Audit SL annual business plan
- Own and manage SL financial performance and business plan KPIs. Agree and brief SL targets, monitor performance and ensure monthly KPIs report is available to direct reports
- Instigate appropriate action through manager team in response to above performance outcomes
New Business Development
- Continue to build own network of intermediaries, seek to generate referrals from own client base and convert prospects into new clients
- Support the Audit SL in delivering the required new leads and SL incremental fee target via networking, meeting attendance, business pitches & presenting at webinars
- Develop suitably strong internal Kreston Reeves connections such that access and support are given by all other internal departments to their own client bases
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide any form of visa sponsorship, so candidates must be a UK/Irish citizen or already possess a current UK Working Visa.