Associate Principal - Accounting (Shared Services)
- Experience level
Associate Principals (AP) are most senior member who deal with day to day complex client issues and demands. Our associate principals are subject matter expert in certain areas of their domain. For areas which do not yet fully qualify as subject matter expert they refer to the Principal of the team they work in.
The Principal will set training and development goals for all staff and you will have to ensure delivery as on the job training and coaching.
You will have to train and coach (junior) staffs in order to make their careers progress as fast as their talent allows them to.
All work delivered will be accurate, well-presented and meet quality standards.
You will have to work closely with the Principal having varying areas of accounting expertise in order to provide the best possible solutions to our clusters’ clients and ensure our people receive the training that best covers their needs.
The role holder has one reporting relationship:
To Principal (task assignment / planning of work / staff matters / content and quality of work / contacts and relationship / core business processes)
- Work together with the Principal to ensure the planning assumptions and input are correct
- Training and coaching of people on the job such that their skills further develop by reviewing their work and giving feedback for learning
- To help manage a team of accountants to ensure accounts production plans, budgets and end delivery of accounts are delivered in a coordinated and timely fashion
- To ensure our standards of accuracy and consistency are maintained by monitoring the team’s work which will include checking and reviewing the work prepared by the team
- Production of annual statutory accounts for client entities in accordance with UK GAAP and applicable accounting standards, in particular FRS 102 reporting entities (including small entities reporting under Section 1A of FRS 102).
- Review of financial statements and management accounts
- Have an understanding of UK tax to include ATED, HMRC corporate tax returns, and VAT.
- Provide technical assistance with solvency tests and restructuring
- Proactively contribute to the team objectives of achieving both individual and team targets on a daily basis with high performance against key performance indicators which are set towards contributing to achieving our overall business objectives
- Ensure, that new methodologies, standards, new regulations, the correct use of software, are applied
- To ensure protections of information assets of IQ-EQ MU and to abide by the ISMS in place at IQ-EQ MU
Education / professional qualifications
- Mandatory ACCA/ACA Qualified
- Minimum 5 – 7 years’ experience
- Experience in a similar role would be an advantage
- Good knowledge in accounting
- Proven client operational relationship at Senior Level
- Computer / program knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Word and Excel. Experience in Jobstream and 5 Series accounting software will be a plus.
- Fluent in English and French
At IQ-EQ we want you to reach your full potential. We offer an inclusive and diverse environment to support your career aspirations. With a strong emphasis on continuous learning and a holistic approach to your professional and personal development. We also offer opportunities across our service lines and our international network of offices.
IQ-EQ is a leading Investor Services group which combines global expertise with an unwavering focus on client service delivery. We support fund managers, global companies, family offices and private clients operating worldwide.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.