- Our jobs
- The DFK Difference
- Growing with DFK
- Working with ACCA
- CANADA: GGFL
- CANADA: MRSB
- CANADA: Taylor Leibow LLP
- CANADA: Teed Saunders Doyle
- CYPRUS: Demetriou & Associates Business Advisers
- IRELAND: Crowleys DFK
- ITALY: DFK Italia Srl – società di revisione
- ITALY: IC&Partners
- ITALY: N&CA Nicolini Commercialisti Associati
- ITALY: Richieri Studio Associato
- ITALY: Studio de Nitto
- ITALY: Studio Maresca e Toncini
- ITALY: Studio PPP
- ITALY: Studio Vignoli
- SINGAPORE: JK Medora & Co LLP
- UAE N R Doshi and Partners
- UGANDA: JP Magson
- UK: Alexander Sloan
- UK: Carter Backer Winter LLP
- UK: DSG Chartered Accountants
- UK: Shaw Gibbs
- UK: Wilson Wright LLP
- USA: Abdo, Eick & Meyers LLP
- USA: Bennett Thrasher, LLP
- USA: Gursey | Schneider LLP
- USA: Iannuzzi Manetta & Company
- USA: Lauterbach & Amen, LLP
HYBRID ROLE - Senior Audit Manager/Technical Manager
We know your dirty little secret.
You love detail, we mean really love detail, knowing what is happening behind the scenes and being ahead of the curve.
The idea of moving into a 100% technical role probably doesn’t appeal, you don’t want to lose the client contact, the buzz you get from delivering a knockout audit on time and within budget. But what if you could keep that element as well as seeing how the audit methodology and processes you are implementing are being used by the audit team and being at the forefront of QAD visits, now we’re talking.
You would be joining an ambitious top 50, 20 partner practice at a time when the audit team is growing. Although there are 165 employees you would become part of a 35 strong audit team, stepping into a brand-new hybrid position, created for an experienced Audit Manager with an interest in all the technical elements of audit standards and methodology.
To be totally upfront, the technical side of things for the last few years has been handled by one of our Audit Partners (and he is pretty good at it), but since being promoted to Partner it is zapping too much of his time. This is where you come in.
We are winning enough audit work to keep an additional Senior Audit Manager busy in a hybrid role, you would have no direct line management responsibility, so no appraisals, performance management meetings etc. The only leadership would be the teams out on audit and reviewing their work. . . sounds good doesn’t it?
As an experienced Audit Manager, we don’t need to go into the day to day duties of that part of the job role. You would have a carefully selected portfolio of clients handed over to you and the support of our brilliant team of Assistant Managers, Supervisors, Seniors, Semi Seniors and Trainees. This would take approx. 50% of your time.
The other 50% is going to really tickle your technical taste buds; keeping on top of changes to audit standards, updating the audit methodologies and making sure processes and paperwork are compliant, reporting on audit quality in the firm, and undertaking file reviews.
Dealing with quality assurance would fall under your remit, including the FRC, PA, QAD and annual Practice Assurance reviews, as well as preparing reports on delivery of compliance to include ICAEW Annual Returns, ATOL reports, transparency reports and PCAOB reporting. On top of all of this you would be involved in running internal training to update the team on changes to standards and processes.
The Nitty Gritty
We totally appreciate that joining a company during a pandemic isn’t going to be as straightforward as normal, but rest assured even before COVID-19 with our use of tech we were set up for homeworking and are ready to induct our newest team member remotely if needed and welcome you to the team using Microsoft Teams and lots of online support!
To top it off, you get to work in an environment that promotes both personal and professional development and supports wellness in the workplace. Feel free to check out our social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Glassdoor) and visit the FAQ section on our careers page to see how we are continuing to support everyone through COVID-19.
As with any job we think there are a few things that would help you succeed from the start, these include:
- ACA / ACCA qualified - with a strong auditing and accounting services background dealing with a wide range of clients and still working and still working in a hands-on Manager/Senior Manager role
- Strong technical knowledge – bit of an obvious one, but you will need to have an excellent working knowledge of IFRS, UK GAPP and Auditing Standards
- Have a desire to take responsibility for continuing to improve our audit methodology
- Experienced in quality assurance and undertaking file reviews
- Being involved in reviewing and implementing processes, as well as delivering training
- Strong IT skills – we use Excel, CCH Auditing and Accounts modules, CCH Time Management, Inflow, Mercia, and Xero on a regular basis
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable liaising with team members and holding meetings with clients, QAD and ICAEW
- Experience of reviewing processes and implementing these is required, as is delivering training
Employer Checklist, what you need to know about us
20 Partner, Top 50 City based Accountancy Practice - Tick
Recognised for staff development - Tick
Flexible benefits package - Tick
Working for home options - Tick
Flexible working hours - Tick
Relaxed innovative culture (dress down every day, beer fridge, foosball table etc) - Tick
If this job sounds up your street but you don’t have a CV ready to go, contact our Recruitment Partner directly via LinkedIn (search Michelle Paoloni, House Recruitment). Failing that hit apply now to send your CV and we will be in touch within 7 working days.
This piece of recruitment for Carter Backer Winter LLP is being managed exclusively by House Recruitment and we do not welcome uninvited applications from agencies
Apply for HYBRID ROLE - Senior Audit Manager/Technical Manager
Sorry, we are unable to take any personal information from users based in Russia due to local data processing laws. However, please continue to search and apply for other jobs.
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly