Credit Control Executive - Tax & Legal Division
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
Work you'll do
This role sits with the Tax & Legal Division, Singapore.
- Monitoring the billing system and responsible for the accounts receivables within the Business Tax groups within the Tax & Legal Division.
- Carry out recovery activities with due diligence within prescribed standard operating procedures to minimize delinquency and ensuring compliance with the firms guidelines.
- Liaising with clients on the collections and able to respond timely to clients enquiries on bills. This may include arranging and collecting of cheques at clients offices.
- Knowledgeable and familiar with the credit control policies and operating procedures.
- May be required to prepare statement of accounts and monthly ageing reports.
- Maintain "live" or up to date status reports, and provide the reports to managers upon requests.
- Communicate actively with the respective internal and external stakeholders and handle clients enquiries or disputes with tact.
- Make recommendations to improve the current procedures and policies that ensure timely collections while maintaining a high level of clients retention.
- Analyze the effectiveness of the current credit control system and implement changes to reduce bad debts/write off.
- May be required to prepare simple analytical reports when necessary.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte, we believe in the importance of empowering our people to be leaders at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose and shared values, challenging themselves everyday to identify issues that are most important to our clients, our people and the communities, and to make an impact that matters. In addition to living our purpose, Associates across our Firm are expected to:
- Understand the expectations set and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping own performance on track.
- Understand how our daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business.
- Demonstrate strong commitment to personal learning and development.
- Actively focus on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills, with stakeholders, clients and team.
- Work effectively in diverse teams within a highly inclusive team culture where everyone is supported, respected and recognized for their contribution
- At least a Diploma/Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related fields.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in accounts receivables or similar setting in a professional services environment.
- Prior knowledge in SAP software will be advantageous.
- Proven track record of success on closing outstanding invoices.
- Comfortable to deal with internal and external stakeholders in a calm and tactful manner to handle potentially uncomfortable conversations.
- Excellent interpersonal, organization and communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize a demanding workload.
- Meticulous and excellent attention to detail.
Due to volume of applications, we regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.