Assistant Manager - Corporate Secretarial
- Experience level
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte, we offer a unique and exceptional career experience to inspire and empower talents like you to make an impact that matters for our clients, people and community. Whatever your aspirations, Deloitte offers you a highly inclusive, collaborative workplace and unrivalled opportunities to realize your full potential. We are always looking for people with the relentless energy to push themselves further, and to find new avenues and unique ways to reach our shared goals.
So what are you waiting for? Join the winning team now.
Work you’ll do
- Attending and drafting of board and board committee meeting minutes
- Perform high level review on staff's deliverables and provide value add to the work to be given to clients
- Experience in handling a portfolio of clients across diverse industries
- Provide good client service ensuring clients receive prompt responses to requests and queries
- Ensure all communications with clients are supported by e-mails, outlining agreed action steps, responsibilities and deadlines
- Responsible for ensuring that commitment to clients are followed up in a timely manner, that the clients are satisfied and to continually engage with clients
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of existing and potential clients, their industry and key contacts
- Meet prospective clients and prepare fee proposals, including follow-throught until the job is accepted or rejected
- Preparation and coordination of the statutory books and documents, including submission of statutory forms and documents to the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority
- Oversee credit control and prompt collection of debts for respective portfolio of clients. Work with Finance to follow up on outstanding and doubtful debts
- Ensure prompt billing
- Minimum of an ICSA qualified Chartered Secretary or hold an LLB degree with at least 6 years of relevant working experience, including experience in handling public-listed companies.
- Excellent client servicing skills and strong problem solving skills
- Extensive and in-depth knowledge of Companies Act and Code of Corporate Governance
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently and work under tight deadlines
- Able to train, lead and motivate a team of professional staff
- Meticulous, organized, detailed and deadline-oriented
- Experience in handling VCC (Singapore Variable Capital Company) and fund management works preferred.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.