Senior Tax Expert
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
This is a role in the tax department responsible for firm’s tax settlements. The Senior Tax Expert will be involved in the tax advisory of the transactions as well as tax compliance.
Join us and you will:
- Be the part of the team dedicated to the tax function for EMEA region. The role would involve tax compliance and tax advisory
- Prepare CIT compliance, including review of the monthly CIT position
- Provide guidelines on tax requirements/ implications applicable to CS (tax advisory)
- Be responsible for VAT compliance including VAT returns and Unified Control File
- Assist in the tax audits conducted by the tax authorities
- Coordinate with upstream groups (LE Finance, P2P department, SVM)
- Partner with the tax advisors on the local and regional projects
Open to discussing flexible/agile working.
- 4-7 years of CIT experience (preferred in consulting or in-house environment) both in tax advisory and compliance
- Being familiar with VAT compliance and advisory
- Detailed knowledge of CIT booking rules and accounting rules
- Proficient in using Excel
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English & Polish (oral and written)
- Being a highly motivated and committed self-starter
- Hardworking with good analytical and problem solving skills
- Possessing prior experience in working in an international multi-cultural environment
- You understand the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- Private medical care
- Life insurance for employees and additional insurance options available for family members
- Pension plan
- Charity days
- Training and development
- Internal Mobility
- Language training course
- Family – nursery and kindergarten funding, gift vouchers for Christmas
- Parking allowance
- Health promotion: Multisport card, sporting events and groups within Credit Suisse (skiing trips, football team, running team, tennis training course etc.)
- Employee discounts on various products and services (event tickets, consumer products, etc.)
- Relocation package
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible work schedule and working from home (home office)
Credit Suisse is committed to providing equal employment opportunities, regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, civil partnership, marital or family status, pregnancy, disability or any other status that is protected as a matter of local law.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.