Third Party Outsourcing, Internal Audit - Lead # 158367
- Experience level
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
At Credit Suisse, we’re proud that Internal Audit is seen as a compelling voice inspiring confidence in the ability of the Bank to deliver its strategy. Our Auditors build and maintain direct and lasting relationships with the Bank’s leadership. They are actively consulted for their independent advice and insights to inspire positive change. Reflecting the Firm’s entrepreneurial spirit, our global Internal Audit function is also innovating; we are recognized as leading the industry in new technologies, data analytics, and the latest training techniques, to ensure that both people and platforms are best in class.
About the team: We are a globally distributed team that encourages diversity of thought. Our offices are located in Zurich, London, Luxembourg, Warsaw, Wroclaw, New York, Raleigh, Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo, Pune and Mumbai. Our auditors are part of our practice model which provides exposure to different businesses, products and processes with the flexibility to also focus on areas of interest.
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
Are you looking for a unique platform to maximize your potential in a successful diverse and inclusive team? Do you want to feed your curiosity? To complete our audit team in Pune we are seeking to recruit an Audit Manager who will manage important third party and operational risks.
Join us and you will
- Learn state of the art audit methodologies
- Lead teams to deliver compelling and efficient audits when we say we are going to
- Execute a program of continuous risk monitoring in close collaboration with the relevant Head of Audit, assisting with the annual audit planning
- Collaborate and be a trusted advisor and partner with major business and support functions in our organization
- Monitor the risk profile of the Bank real-time and always look to strengthen how engage in the creation of a dynamic risk assessment tool which uses data to provide a current (and predicted) view of control effectiveness across the organization
- Develop strong positive relationships with senior business partners across the Bank and where relevant interact with our Regulators
- Inspire and develop audit staff to help build their career, through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Manage internal projects where appropriate
- Benefit from significant investments in your career development via our Audit Academy
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- Proficient in operational and strategic challenges facing a global Internal Audit (IA) function, having had at least 12+ years of audit experience in the financial industry
- Experience of assessing third party and operational risks and how controls can mitigate those risks; while being commercial in your opinions
- Awareness of the relevant Regulatory environment for third party and operational risks
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and can present messages in a simple and concise way both in the spoken and written word
- Agility and flexibility in your approach enabling you to lead and manage competing activities
- A ‘can-do’ approach and committed to help solve problems
- Outstanding interpersonal ability, multi-tasking and time management skills enable you to quickly gain trust and deliver effectively towards deadlines
- Dedication to being inclusive and excel at collaborating in a globally distributed team and leave people happy and enthused
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking and can work on own initiative whilst also working under pressure to deliver on time with a high level of integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.