Regulatory Reporting Specialist #154062
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
- A challenging role in an international and fast-paced environment within the Asset and Transaction Services in the COO area of Credit Suisse in Luxembourg
- You will join a highly motivated team in a global, dynamic and diverse environment, and will support the coverage and daily management of complex European and Local Regulatory Reporting topics as well as support to the clients on all income tax related queries
- You will participate in the processes related to trade reporting (MIFIR, EMIR, CSDR, SFTR), monitoring outsourced activities linked to the provision of the reporting to trade repository, controlling quality and completion of the reports, ensuring regulatory compliance
- A part of the role consists in participating with the Projects team and IT developers to the establishment of new Regulatory Reporting features required by the Regulator and to establish relevant documentation relative to the processes
- You will build knowledge around financial instruments and financial markets
- You will also participate to team activities linked to Client Tax reporting, tax withholding and declaration to local and foreign Tax Authorities, FATCA/QI/AEI, Relief at source (inclusive of account opening) and Tax Reclaim service. You will partner and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders and particularly Front office
- You have the opportunity to develop and establish a personal and professional network
- You have 5 years of work experience in banking or a relevant sector and/or a University degree in Banking & Finance;
- A significant work experience in Regulatory Reporting is necessary; background of ESMA regulations being an advantage;
- Experience in a Back-Office or Operations department in a Bank is an advantage;
- Exposure to client taxation duties and services is an advantage;
- Good knowledge of the Private Banking & Wealth Management area is an asset;
- Good understanding of the Financial and Fiscal regulatory landscape is an asset;
- Your strong interpersonal competences and enthusiasm allow you to connect with external and internal partners to improve quality of service;
- You are team oriented and you demonstrate a high level of flexibility and self-initiative;
- Well-known for being diligent and organized, you strive for high quality;
- You are a dedicated problem solver with a positive personality and can-do attitude who shows flexibility and is open to changes with focus on improvement;
- You are business fluent in English; additional language skills are an asset
Are you a highly motivated person and do you enjoy learning on the job?
Mr. Nicolas Younes would be happy to receive your application. Please apply via our career-portal.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.