Junior Regulatory Reporting Specialist #157172
- Experience level
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
The role entails working in the Basel III Leverage production and group balance sheet MIS team under the multi regulatory coverage of FINMA(Swiss), PRA (UK) and IHC(US-Fed). This exciting and highly visible role provides phenomenal opportunity to grow and liaise with nearly all divisions and support centers within Credit Suisse.
- An experience to work in a major European investment bank.
- Coordinate with a large multicultural team spanning across the world.
- An opportunity to meet and interact with senior management in group finance and front office teams.
- A window into the Basel reporting world which is currently the center point of all major regulatory developments within the banking industry
- A chance to work with big data and tools essential to analyze it.
Serve a critical role within the BMR production team by taking a support role in the reporting of the MIS Balance Sheet under multiple regulatory bodies. This role will interact with front office, auditors (both internal and external), head office, and other partners. This individual will display a high level of professionalism and solid communication skills when dealing with internal and external clients, and have the ability to perform independently and in a team dynamic to meet internal and external deadlines. This position includes but is not limited to the following tasks:
- Assist in the preparation of daily, monthly, and quarterly MIS Balance Sheet under multiple regulatory bodies and ensure that the filings are delivered accurately and timely to front office and head office.
- Prepare detailed analytics of Balance Sheet accounts to provide a proper control environment to identify any material mis-statement or mis-classification of account balances.
- Build positive working relationship with front office functions to understand the Balance Sheet movement and current trends.
- Prepare reconciliation of balance sheet to legal entity controllers
- Prepare monthly commentary & additional financial analysis including preparation of data schedules and PowerPoint presentations as well as ad hoc analyses
- Develop documentation on the balance sheet aggregation procedures.
- Work closely with our Finance Change team in automation and control enhancement efforts
- Actively participate in user acceptance testing of the reports as technology solutions are delivered.
- Proactively identify process enhancement opportunities
- Analyze month over month movement and provide commentary.
- Liaise with the Regional Regulatory teams in APAC, UK and US on an ongoing basis
- Primary contact for audit and front office queries.
- Provide assistance to other team members to ensure timely and accurate daily reports are completed and distributed to clients
- Development and streamlining of processes and procedures of exposure categories across both regulatory regimes – PRA and FINMA.
- Understand the systems which preferably STAR, BSDM and PeopleSoft.
- Obtain an understanding of upstream system dependencies.
- General tasks
- Provide documentation on the template procedures quarterly.
- Provide sufficient supporting documentation to support compliance requirements
- Reconciliation of capital templates and strategic/ automated data
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or MIS.
- Equivalent work experience of 1-2 years in accounting and Management information reporting with a preference for finance sector though not necessary!
- Are you proficient with Microsoft Excel, Access data base, power point and Outlook?
- Detailed knowledge of US GAAP and Financial products will be an added advantage!
- Hardworking with a flexible approach to work combined with a “positive can do” demeanor that is task orientated.
- A logical mind set with outstanding attention to detail. An ability to present content to peers and senior management.
- Proven experience in analyzing large sets of data. An experience or aptitude to work with data mining tools such as Python or R coding will be considered favorable.
- Seek challenges, meet deadlines and have a natural ability to learn and a demeanor of adopting change
- Result oriented with the capability to consolidate and work with large amounts of data under pressure.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.
For further information, and to apply, please visit
our website via the “Apply” button below.