General Ledger Account Ownership, AVP #224425
- Experience level
Your field of responsibility
The CFO Operational Risk and Control (ORC) – General Ledger Account Ownership (GLAO) team acts as the 2nd Line of Defense. GLAO is one of the Bank’s key Governance model and it secures ownership of individual balance sheet accounts with the specific objective of ensuring responsibility, accountability, and accuracy of these accounts. The GLAO team ensures that there is clear responsibility and accountability of all balance sheet and off-balance sheet accounts and that they are appropriately reconciled on at least a monthly basis to verified sources. Escalation protocols are also established to highlight issues and potential P&L at risk with an impact on the accuracy of CS’ Financial Statements. The team operates independent of the day-to-day general ledger account ownership sign off process.
As a team member your responsibility would be to:
- Ensure that the monthly sign off process is completed to schedule and that all users understand their responsibilities
- Review reconciliation breaks after GLASS close. Ensure that an appropriate commentary is provided by owners for monthly MIS reporting
- Ensure that all integrity checks/ controls have been completed prior to the monthly sign off and identify areas of weakness, bring up where appropriate. Ensure adherence to the GLAO policy
- Review the Reconciliation Standards applied to GL accounts globally to ensure consistency by highlighting the exceptions to the regional leads
- Drive projects on building dashboards, enhance and expand the Monitoring metrics suited for various types of stakeholders. Further liaise with IT teams to establish a well-articulated business requirement as well as ensure appropriate execution
- Assist in preparing monthly reporting packs including Global GLAO STC packs to ensure adherence to required Governance levels
- Participate in global and/or regional initiatives around GLAO e.g. system enhancements, ownership reviews
- Conduct GLAO training sessions for users as and when required.
Your future colleagues
Team is dedicated, hardworking and used to work independently as well as in partnership. We work with a high level of integrity, attention to detail and look for a colleague who shares our passion and high standards.
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values.
This position offers remote working opportunities for an agreed amount of days per week.
Your skills and experience
Your skills include:
- Post Graduate with 7+ years of experience with preferred experience in banking /financial services industry
- Strong analytical skills as well as Strong attention to details
- Outstanding communication and stakeholder management- skills, since the role warrants collaborating closely with senior people across divisions and departments
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
- Excellent team player
- Proven Ability to learn and apply learning quickly
- Ability to meet strict reporting deadlines by organizing, prioritizing and having the ability to multi-task
- The ability to rise to many different challenges that the job may throw up; make steps to problem tackle, act appropriately, responsibly and mitigate risks at all stages
- Experience in Data Analytics and query building tools such as R, Python, etc will be an added advantage
- Dedication to fostering an inclusive culture and value diverse perspectives
Your new employer
Find a new home for your skills, ideas, and ambitions. Credit Suisse offers you the ideal environment to progress your career, attractive benefits and excellent training.
We are a leading wealth manager with strong global investment banking capabilities founded in 1856. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, and with more than 45,000 employees from over 150 nations, we are always looking for motivated individuals to help us shape the future for our clients.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. We are committed to building a culture of inclusion with a deep sense of belonging for all of us. We will consider flexible working opportunities where possible. Our bank provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities, as well as those with other needs or beliefs as may be protected under applicable local law. If you require assistance during the recruitment process, please let your recruiter know.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.