Senior Financial Analyst - Capital Management
- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
What is the opportunity
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the Capital Management Team in Group Treasury developing an understanding of the Group's capital strategy, planning and reporting process and collaborating with a wider variety of stakeholders across Group Finance and the wider Group.
The role is a business-critical role offering the successful candidate excellent career development opportunities. It will involve building strong senior level relationships within Group Treasury, Group Finance and the wider Bank of Ireland Group.
In this role you will
- Support the Senior Manager - Capital Management in preparation of the Group ICAAP and all financial analysis supporting the Group's capital planning. This will include engagement with key contributors and stakeholders working to challenging targets and timelines.
- Support the collation and preparation of information for rating agency engagements.
- Support delivery of other Group Treasury strategic projects as the need arises e.g. EBA Stress Testing, assessment of impacts of regulatory changes on capital
- Be pro-active in identifying and implementing potential improvements in areas such as operational risk controls, processes, MI reporting etc.
- Assist in the review of the disclosures in relation to the Group's Capital position in the Annual Report & Accounts, Interim report and Investor Presentations and the Interim report as well as the Pillar 3 disclosures.
What will make you stand out
- You are brilliant at delivering high quality financial information within tight timeframes.
- Your attention to detail is superb!
- You are happy to work under pressure whilst coordinating a wide range of tasks and inputs from a number of different areas.
- You are comfortable working within a successful team but you are also able to work on your own initiative
- You have demonstrated experience of developing good professional working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written are essential for this role
There are no specific qualifications or minimum educational requirements needed for this role.
More about the Team
Group Treasury (GT) is part of the Group Finance division with responsibility for providing top-down control with respect to funding, liquidity, capital and structural market risk, ensuring a coordinated approach to balance sheet management to support the Group's growth ambitions. GT is also responsible for recovery and resolution planning and works closely with Group functions (Risk, Strategy, Legal and Investor Relations) on policy, risk management, strategy development and monitoring.
GT supports the Group purpose of enabling customers, colleagues and communities to thrive, in particular, by helping colleagues navigate in financial markets and facilitating growth in sustainable profits by optimising the Group balance sheet.
This is a hybrid role and can be done anywhere in the Republic of Ireland with the primary office location as Dublin. Travel will be required for in person collaboration exact frequency to be agreed with manager.
Why work with us?
The Bank of Ireland company culture prioritises work-life balance with an opportunity for flexible working, along with 23 days annual leave and excellent pension contributions. Family can mean different things to different people; we offer 6 months paid maternity leave, an innovative fertility and surrogacy policy and working parent supports.
Your wellbeing is important to us; we have an employee assistance program, WebDoctor and financial wellbeing coaches available. We also encourage and support staff to pursue educational and professional qualifications to grow and enhance your career!
- Customer Focused - Self
- One Group, one team - Self
- Agile - Self
- Accountable - Self
- Champion Transformation - Self
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Closing date: Jun 12, 2023
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.