Assistant Finance Manager
- Experience level
About the role
Balfour Beatty have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Finance Manager to join our growing team in Aldermaston
Security clearance is required for this role - if you do not have this already you will need to eligible to go through it.
As an Assistant Finance Manager you will:
Support the UKCS Finance Manager and Team in ensuring the safe and effective delivery of the business dir="ltr">financial objectives through effective project financial management.
Provide assurance on all processes and procedures where there is a financial impact or potential for an impact.
What you'll be doing
- Working with Clients stakeholders to facilitate audits monthly/quarterly provide samples of costs to enable audits and validation.
- Input into the Application for Payment (AFP) Process.
- Support the setting up and monthly reporting of Earned Value Management.
- Forecasting / Phasing analysis of cost to come and establishing business forecasts and annual budgets (P&L & Cashflow).
- Credit Checks / due diligence and monitoring on supply chain periodically to support solvency appraisals.
- Cost accruals analysis and adjust prior to AFP submission.
- Monthly actualisation of costs.
- Prelims for internal use to track actuals v fixed cost rates.
- People/ Subcontractor / material / equipment data for cost plus audits. Support FM to ensure smooth periodic process.
- Support Risk and Opportunities updates including Risk portal review.
- Internal / External Audits
- Monthly reporting to finance and commercial leads on actuals, forecasting, and Risks & Opps. Flag cost increases and deviations from anticipated results.
- Gain understanding of Oracle R12 CVR (link between Commercial Project reporting and Financial
- project reporting).
- Support Finance Manager and Commercial Lead in any ad-hoc analysis.
- Support project in any Urgent Payment Requests and ensure the reasoning is valid. Consider whether process improvements can be implemented to reduce.
- ttend periodic Project Meetings as agreed with FM and report back findings (Risks & Opps).
- Support the project and business in identifying and tracking initiatives and efficiencies both short and long term.
- Provide input and assist in project establishment and set up as required.
- Ensure Project Delegated Authorities and Key Member roles are maintained, are up-to-date and in-line with Group and Division guidelines.
- Provide technical contract understanding to ensure that financial rules are followed in line with Group procedure and accounting for complicated contract mechanisms.
- Control ensuring that the balance sheet is correct, and there are robust controls in place to manage our business and ensure there are no surprises
Who we're looking for
The following qualities/experience are essential:
- Demonstrable ability to form effective working relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Strong Commercial finance awareness
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage challenging situations
- Pro-active and highly motivated
- Resilience and Tenacity
- Organisation and Prioritisation
- Decision Making
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Not essential but would be advantageous:
- Knowledge and experience of Construction contracts and accounting thereof Oracle R12
Why work for us
At Balfour Beatty we are committed to creating a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture where everyone can be themselves and reach their full potential, not only because this is the right thing to do, but because it makes us a better business.
To ensure we deliver on this commitment, we have a UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan which sets out the wide range of targeted, proactive, measurable steps we are taking to make this a reality. You can read our UK Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan in full at www.balfourbeatty.com/value_everyone
To help and support us with our desired commitment to create an inclusive culture we are members of WISE, enei, Business Disability Forum and Women into Construction. In 2020, we signed the Audeliss and Involve Open Letter to demonstrate our commitment to taking key long term and sustainable actions on Black Inclusion.
Balfour Beatty is also a Gold Award holder in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans, and reservists.
As a Disability Confident Employer, we are committed to working with people who have disabilities and long-term health conditions to remove barriers for them in obtaining employment. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Further information on Disability Confident can be found at: https://disabilityconfident.campaign.gov.uk/
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.