- Experience level
- Qualified accountant
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for an Operations Accountant to join our Living Places Street Lighting PFI Business. The role will be responsible for all aspects of Management reporting and Financial control of the Cambridge, Northampton and Coventry Street Lighting PFI 's. The role can be based at any of these three depot locations.
What you'll be doing
As an Operations Accountant, you will:
- Act as a Business Partner to the appointed contracts.
- Work with operational management on the preparation and delivery of business plans, budgets and quarterly forecasts.
- Implement and own a robust contract forecasting process.
- Ensure compliance with statutory and company procedures
- Monitor financial & non-financial KPIs focusing on contractual profitability issues, commercial risks, working capital and related cash flows.
- Work with operational management on cost control and monitoring and control of overheads.
- Provide financial evaluation for all contract initiatives and commercial changes.
- Operate the companys risk framework to identify and manage the required outcome of potential risks and opportunities.
- Establish good working relationships with other team members and contribute to overall team objectives.
Who we're looking for
- Prepare monthly contract performance schedules, including profit & loss, balance sheet and cash flow together with commentary and analysis.
- Be responsible for preparation of contract quarterly forecasts, annual budget and three year plan.
- Proactively support and influence contract management
- Prepare and monitor Contract Improvement Plans (CIPs).
- Understand and report on contract risks and opportunities
- Review and monitor WIP (External work) and produce month end WIP/Overmeasure balances (SL PFI)
- Prepare and report of activity analysis (service lines, pain/gain, lump sum, fleet utilisation, overtime reports etc).
- Review and control of contract stock.
- Ensure Contract reporting and recognition of Value in line with PFI Bid/Sale model
- Safeguard the assets of the contract and ensure adequate and appropriate controls are in place.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
The way we live our lives is changing fast: where and how we live, work, travel, shop, relax and socialise. The evolving nature of our society means we all need to shape our environment to meet a complex array of individual and collective needs.
Wherever investment in these environments is needed, Living Places works in partnership with Local Authorities to consult, finance, design, build and manage the essential place infrastructure that local communities and national economies need to prosper and grow.
We are right at the heart of a dynamic place shaping agenda that brings Local Authorities, local communities, Central Government, and the Private Sector together to create safe, sustainable, flexible and dynamic public spaces geared to community social need, economic growth and personal well-being as well as being environmentally sustainable.
The provision of maintenance services for highways is only a small part of what is really needed. Our focus has moved beyond the road to deliver the potential of the street: a dynamic public place that connects and combines local community and business needs, encourages social interaction and helps pedestrians, motorists, bus riders, and cyclists to coexist safely. Building great public spaces with resource efficient assets enables functional, flexible and inspirational places to be at the heart of the community.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.