Application Development / Maintenance, Assistant Vice President
Quincy, Massachusetts; New York, New York; Providence, Rhode Island; North Quincy, Massachusetts; Nashua, New Hampshire; Jersey City, New Jersey; Boston, Massachusetts.
Who we are looking for
The candidate must have more than 8 years of experience in IT. This role is for a Senior ETL/Snowflake/Python/Oracle development Lead with strong experience in design/data modeling/Development & performance tuning. Candidate will be working on building Cloud based DW solutions for F2B clients based out of Boston.
What you will be responsible for
As Application Development / Maintenance, AVP you will
- Assist, from a technical standpoint, in the implementation of a DataModel for Enterprise Data Platform servicing F2B clients.
- Design & Development of scalable applications involving cloud-based infrastructure(Azure/Snowflake/Oracle/Python/DBT).
- Solid understanding of the Software as a Service (SaaS) model in the online environment.
- Experience as an applications programmer on large-scale data base management systems.
- Experience writing SQL queries/Stored Procedures for SQL Server or any another Relational Databases(Oracle/SyBAse/SQL Sever).
- Experience with MicroServices - API/Event Driven Architecture/Development
- Release Engineering automation for code distribution to different client regions/instances.
- Provide technical consultancy services for systems integration.
- Exposure to working in Financial services; Performance/Index , front- or middle-office, or fund management business areas ideal.
- Experience dealing with users or clients from either a technical or business area. Desire to work in Client facing environment.
- Production/support in overnight COB/SOB processing of accounting data, regulatory, client statement, and new client feed generation.
- Install, configure and test software; problem investigation; database configuration, tracing and performance analysis.
- Address data issues , environment issues ,performing impact analysis , root cause analysis , corrective, adaptive and perfective maintenance.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Team player with a positive attitude enthusiasm initiative and self-motivation.
- Ability to multi-task energetic fast learner & problem solver
- Ability to make effective decisions and can manage change
- Excellent communication skills
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree level qualification in a computer or IT related subject with 5 years of experience
- Snopro certified
Why this role is important to us
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We’re driving the company’s digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We’re looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
In compliance with the U.S. federal government Executive Order 14042, State Street requires vaccination against COVID-19 as a condition of employment in the United States. If you accept this position, you will be required to substantiate that you are vaccinated, or that you are legally entitled to a religious or medical exemption.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.