Financial Control is responsible for delivering inputs into statutory, management, regulatory, and external reporting, ensuring the right controls are in place.
Financial Control work closely with stakeholders across the Group and third parties to ensure that there is a continued focus on delivering a culture of service excellence, developing our people and supporting the achievement of the Group's strategic priorities.
The Markets & Treasury (M&T) Financial Control team is responsible for the controlling and reporting on the M&T financial statements, as well as delivering certain regulatory returns related to the Group's Derivative portfolio. The team work closely with other teams in the wider M&T Finance team.
Purpose of the role
The successful candidate will be responsible for reporting and controlling of derivatives on M&T's balance sheet. You will also be responsible for implementing process improvement initiatives and other ad hoc activities related to Financial Reporting for Markets & Treasury.
- Production of monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc reporting for derivatives held on the M&T balance sheet
- Ensure that monthly close processes have been completed in accordance with best practice
- Prepare notes to the financial statements and FINREP and present to management as required
- Responsible for the delivery of MI as produced by the team (e.g. monthly analytical review and commentaries), ensuring deliverables are complete and accurate
- Liaise with the Valuations, Hedge Accounting, Income Support and Decision Support teams in the M&T finance team, to ensure the correct measurement and classification of items in the primary statements, notes to the accounts, and FINREP
- Control Environment: adhere to operational risk controls, including Internal Financial Controls and EUCs; liaise with external and internal auditors; identify any control weaknesses and highlight to management
- Be pro-active in identifying and implementing potential improvements in areas such as
operational risk controls, processes, MI reporting etc.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders across the Group and become a key point of contact on the Financial Control Team for derivatives
- Contribute to ad hoc projects as they arise e.g. EBA Stress Testing
What is the opportunity?
The Markets & Treasury Financial Control Analyst role is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious financial accountant,looking to expand their knowledge and experience of treasury products. The role is specifically focused on derivatives which is an significant element of the Group's balance sheet.
The role holder will have the opportunity to demonstrate their ability to management and other key stakeholders in the Group as a key point of contact for information on the Group's liquid assets.
Qualified or Part-Qualified Accountant
Essential skills or experience
- An understanding of the Markets & Treasury business (or equivalent treasury business) and the products it trades
- Demonstrated experience of delivery to tight reporting deadlines with a keen attention to detail
- A commitment to delivering consistently excellent customer service
- The ability to challenge the status quo and implement change
- Confident, enthusiastic self-starter with the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- A keen interest in treasury functions
- Prior experience of working in a treasury function
- Ability to acquire and apply new technical information
- A knowledge of Visual Basic / macros
- Customer Focused - Self
- One Group, one team - Self
- Agile - Self
- Accountable - Self
- Manage Risk - Self
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.