Product Control Analyst
Product Control, the largest department in Finance, is primarily responsible for controlling daily profit and loss reporting, price verification and trading activity for the Institutional Clients Group. We work closely across functions on a daily basis (including the Trading desks, Risk Management, Operations, and other areas of Finance) and develop a deep understanding of the products traded, along with the associated market risks and accounting complexities.
As part of the team of diverse and supportive professionals, the main tasks are concerned with reporting and analysing the daily P&L. Candidate will work closely with all other areas of the Finance department, liaising with the trading desk, risk management, operations and middle office.
In this position you will use and expand your experience and professional skills for the following responsibilities
- Be responsible for the end-to-end Product Control process, including daily P&L preparation and related activities: Review and analyse new trades, associated risks and the P&L generated, also understand and analyse the P&L coming from market moves on the existing portfolio of trades.
- Perform Independent Price Verification (IPV), calculate or validate Valuation Adjustments, and perform Fair Value Levelling (to classify the inventory in scope by observability of the external inputs used for price verification)
- Work closely with various areas of the Finance department, liaising with the Trading Desk, Risk Management, Operations, Middle Office and IT teams
- Use effective escalation to ensure issues are highlighted in a timely manner. Focus on recurring issues and drive through enhancement projects and systems fixes
- Support standardization efforts and work on strategic as well as ad-hoc projects to improve Citi’s Product Control system infrastructure and to implement process improvement ideas
- Develop an enquiring and questioning mind-set.
- Exploit a collaborative and motivating attitude to join forces with colleagues for excellent results
- Benefit from your organized personality, attention to details and independent working style
- Use your experience and knowledge to drive and contribute to outstanding team performance
The ideal candidate for this position preferably possesses the following qualifications and skills:
- A university or college degree in Finance/Accounting is an advantage but not a must as we are open to other majors.
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Confident analytical and communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills. (Training will be provided on other in-house and industry standard systems used in this position.)
- Knowledge of or demonstrated interest in financial products is an advantage.
We are a development-focused organization. The above qualifications and skills are considered as primary assets for the position – but we do not pursue perfectionism: we look for capable colleagues and help them grow to excellence in their fields and positions.
- Unique opportunity to gain strong technical knowledge of a full range of investment banking products.
- Opportunity to participate in process reengineering and digitization
- Flexible work arrangements in an organization that acknowledges life - work balance
- Career management and mentoring by senior colleagues and leaders
- Opportunity for participation in managerial development initiatives
- Inclusive and friendly corporate culture where gender diversity and equality is widely recognized
- A socially active team and communities with diverse networking opportunities
- A supportive workplace for professionals returning to the office from childcare leave
- Competitive compensation package
Your journey and flexible career at Citi begins here – apply now!