Finance Transformation, Senior Manager
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Recognizing the changing and fast-paced professional landscape, you will work with our financial services clients to better align their financial operating infrastructures within their business strategies. You will lead multiple client engagement teams and work with leadership to bring our broad range of capabilities and insights to enhance the role and effectiveness of the finance and operations function. You will partner with colleagues in Technology, Strategy and Risk to bring the latest solutions to not only improve operational efficiencies, but to enhance the changing role of the CFO as an indispensable partner tasked with providing better business insights, profitability and performance measurement.
Your Key Responsibilities
- You will lead multiple client engagement teams, work with a wide variety of clients to deliver professional services, and lead business development activities on strategic and global priority accounts within financial services Sector.
- Advise clients on a variety of business process issues that help identify, assess, manage and measure the organization's capabilities. Use business process, organizational and technology capabilities, and knowledge across several of the following focus areas:
- Finance transformation (Shared Services, Finance Data Lakes, Subledgers, Financial Close, General Ledger/ERP management)
- Finance Strategy (Vision, Mission, Guiding Principles)
- Financial Accounting and Reporting operations improvement
- Accounting Change
- Finance rapid assessments
- Source-to-report transformation
- Post-to-report transformation
- Source to pay including sourcing strategy and vendor management improvement
- Planning, budgeting, and forecasting integration
- Profitability and Performance Management and Measurement (KPIs, business driver-based metrics)
- Fund accounting and Fund reporting
- Revenue Automation, including client onboarding and contract management
- Cost optimization
- Regulatory and Statutory Reporting strategy and improvement
Participate in engagement management and execution as well as client relationship building and management
Skills and attributes for success
Your skills and experiences will help our team to continue delivering high quality service to our clients
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Bachelor's degree and approximately 8 – 10 years of related work experience; or a master's degree and approximately 7 – 9 years of related work experience.
- A degree with an emphasis in Finance, Accounting, Economics, and/or Business; MBA and/or CPA is preferred
- Approximately 7 years of experience in providing advisory services in the finance function specifically in the financial services sector and/or serving in an operational capacity within the finance function
- Deep knowledge of businesses, products, distribution models and strategies
- Experience in managing Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Data Lake / subledger implementations
- Demonstrate characteristics of a forward thinker, analytical problem solver and self-motivator that thrives on new challenges and adapts quickly to learning new knowledge
- History of driving revenue within existing clients and in developing new prospects at the 'C' level of Fortune 500 companies
- Ability to lead a team of consulting professionals on multiple projects
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with experience presenting to senior executives
- A strong work ethic
- A willingness to travel to meet client needs
- A valid driver's license in the US and a valid passport required
Ideally, you'll also have
- Possess a deep knowledge and strong understanding of the overall finance function operations and business process re-engineering.
- A proven track record of leading large-scale client engagements
- A degree in business, finance, accounting, computer science, engineering, or a related field; MBA or master's degree preferred
- Prior experience in any of the following areas:
- Assessment and redesign of business, risk and control processes
- Refinement of target operating models particularly within the Finance function
- Finance transformation and accelerated close
- Sub-ledger/ledger and/or data lake design and implementation
- Management reporting enhancement
- Business intelligence/decision support
- Financial planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Business/Merger Integration
- Reconciliation redesign or improvement
- Regulatory and statutory reporting improvement
What we look for
We are looking for the next generation of outstanding leaders to continue our legacy. Our top performers in the past have demonstrated deep knowledge of the financial services marketplace, strong analytical and problem solving skills, and an ability to adapt and collaborate in changing circumstances. If you are someone who exhibits a strong commitment to lead multiple client engagements and a desire to develop and maintain long-term client relationships and network and staying abreast with new developments in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge, then this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.