Corporate Actions, Associate 2
Who we are looking for
As an Operations Associate, you will be responsible for processing voluntary corporate action events into the market and client account in an accurate and timely manner. You will also interact with internal and external clients to provide comprehensive support. You will assist in coverage with other associates in managing the daily workload across the team.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
- Complete processing activities in accordance with established procedures
- Ability to multitask, ensure accuracy and execute against pre-determined deadlines
- Perform custom work for complex funds, look for ways to standardize when possible
- Accountable for quality, accuracy and timeliness of results
- Identify and report all risk and compliance issues, breaches and suspicious activities
- Act in accordance with Risk Excellence as part of our Way Ahead foundation
- Share responsibility with lead, manager and other staff for resolving any issues related to processing activities and for accurate and timely processing and delivery
- Interact with internal and external clients
- During the course of normal day to day operation, be responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Must be detail oriented and deadline driven
- Proficient in MS Office
- Adhere to company policies and guidelines
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills (ability to prioritize)
- Team oriented with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Education & Preferred Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience and a focus in Finance or related field preferred; 1-2 years of related experience
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.