We are looking for an Accountant to join our small, friendly and expanding business-based Accountancy business, located in Sandhurst and Aldershot-East which specialises in providing a friendly, flexible and proactive all year-round service to small businesses and individuals in the local areas.
- Preparation of Accounts for Sole Traders, Partnerships and Limited Companies.
- Preparation and review of Self-Assessment Tax Returns for Sole Traders, Rental Property Income, Individuals and Partnerships.
- Preparation of Corporation Tax Computations for Limited Companies.
- Preparation, review and submission of VAT Returns.
- Managing the processing of monthly payrolls and setting up and administration of Auto Enrolment schemes
- Provision of day to day business support to clients.
- Organising and updating relevant data using various applications.
- Client onboarding and management.
- Answering telephone calls, dealing with enquiries and responding to queries in a timely, courteous and efficient manner and accurately logging information.
- Establishing and maintaining a professional and friendly working relationship with clients, outsourced partners and colleagues.
- Candidate requirements
- Solid, relevant and recent experience in a practice environment
- Working current knowledge of UK tax laws and accounting standards applicable to small business
- Strong knowledge of computerised accounting systems and IT proficient
- Qualified/part-qualified AAT, ACCA or similar. QBE considered if backed up with solid practice experience
- A good working knowledge of payroll and pensions
- Genuine desire to be a trusted advisor to small business clients
- Good people skills and a confident and friendly personality to help build strong relationships with the team and with clients
- You must have a positive attitude and demonstrate a proactive and enthusiastic, customer-focused approach.
- You will need to be conscientious, committed and reliable.
- You must be able to produce accurate and timely work and to work on your own initiative to tight deadlines, without compromising the quality of work.
- You should have good communication skills and be able to develop good working relationships within a small team.
- You must be able to communicate with Clients in a friendly and professional manner.
- You should be proactive, motivated and willing to learn, with a problem-solving attitude.
- This is an excellent opportunity for a capable individual, looking for variety and wishing to develop their skills and experience in an expanding business, using industry leading software with support from a multi award winning network.
- Competitive salary
- In-house training programme and ongoing CPD
- Excellent work/life balance
- How to apply Please send a CV and covering letter, including your salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a full-time and permanent position. Salary is dependent on experience.