Accountancy Practice Manager
Have you ever wanted to run an accountancy practice?
TaxAssist Accountants is the largest network of accountants, currently working from over 300 locations throughout the UK, who focus their accountancy skills specifically on small businesses and taxpayers needing a tax return in the UK. They specialise in providing accountancy services, tax returns, payroll, bookkeeping, tax savings, and tax advice to small businesses. They have 80,000 clients including Sole Traders, Partnerships, Limited Companies, and Personal Taxpayers.
A position has become available as Practice Manager in our office in Burnham, Berkshire. The suitable candidate will become responsible for the day-to-day operations of the practice with a specific focus on team management, workflow control, and client liaison; reporting directly to the business owner.
The owner of the business would like to step away from the operations side to concentrate on growth, business management and with the help of the candidate push the business forward to achieve ambitious aspirations.
The key duties of the post are:
- Workflow management – Ensuring work is completed to time and budget using our workflow management tool Karbon HQ
- Quality Control – Ensuring accuracy and exceeding minimum service level agreements
- Team Management – Management of a team of 11 including employees and sub-contractors/outsourcers
- Client Liaison- Keeping in contact with existing clients, ensuring they understand and are in agreement with the product of the work we have done for them, answering tax-related and non-tax related questions/queries, customer care
- Client Liaison – Managing the relationship with new clients to ensure we achieve what has been promised
- Practice Development - Supporting the business owner in their ambitions to grow and develop the business, being involved in all decisions as to the direction of the practice, resource requirement, software requirements, financials etc.
- Training – Ensure the team is fully trained on all software, changes in legislation, personal development, continual professional development [staff and candidate]
- Money Laundering - Engagement in MLR obligations
- Database - Overall responsibility for database management in conjunction with Practice Administrator
- Staff – Responsibility for staff appraisals, motivation, conflict resolution
- Internal Policies – Overall responsibility for internal policies including Health and Safety, discrimination, gender equality etc.
- Compliance – There will be occasions whereby the candidate will be required to engage in compliance work for the client base as well as manage the compliance work completed by the team
- The successful candidate will have a proven history of success in a practice managerial role, ideally, be a qualified accountant [ACCA/ACA/MAAT/CIMA] have a proven track record with staff management and client liaison and aspire to become a fundamental part of the business. The role is ideally suited to a hardworking, ambitious and enthusiastic individual who strives to reach the top of their profession who relishes responsibility and autonomy
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in all areas of small business taxation and accountancy – including Self-Assessment, Corporation Tax, Capital Gains Tax, PAYE/NI, CIS, VAT, and to a lesser extent import/export and residency
- Knowledgeable in accountancy and tax software including QuickBooks Online, Xero, Tax calc – an experience of Karbon HQ, Dext, Auto Entry would be a considerable advantage
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office software
- An up to date practicing certificate would be advantageous
- Other duties appropriate to a position of seniority
- The right candidate will benefit from:
- Salary negotiable depending upon the right candidate, absolute minimum £50,000 per annum, significantly higher remuneration for the right candidate
- Comprehensive medical insurance on renewal of the policy
- Quality pension provision through The Peoples Pension
- Access to multiple tools for continual professional development
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Program provided by market-leading Health Assured
- Eight weeks holiday per annum
- Flexi working practices – manage your own hours and whilst this is an office-based role, working from home once a week is optional.
- Potential equity/ownership arrangement in the future
- Free on-Site Parking including electric vehicle charging
- The Practice Manager position is the most senior role in the practice; one step before becoming an equity partner, and an excellent opportunity to join a growing organisation. The role comes with significant autonomy and will allow the successful candidate to influence the future direction of the business. The role is immediately available and the business owner will address all suitable applications immediately with interviews to commence as soon as they can be arranged.
Please apply now via the dedicated online recruitment process, which also includes a couple of assessments, but should take you no longer than 15-20 minutes to complete.
Please click here to apply.