Strategic Pricing Lead
Kerry offers the industry’s largest portfolio of Taste & Nutrition Systems and Functional Ingredients & Actives, serving the Global Food, Beverage and Pharmaceutical industries. We work with the world’s top Retailers and Manufacturing companies to produce some of the best private-label products and tailored Food & Beverage solutions on the market. We also work with the leading Food Service chains helping to deliver appetising, relevant and innovative custom solutions, using our expertise in new product development, production and commercialisation.
Our Values: Courage | Enterprising Spirit | Inclusiveness | Open-mindedness | Ownership
About the role
In conjunction with the other Strategic Pricing Leads, the PMM lead, PM&A insights team and the Finance Director, in this role you will be responsible for producing business forecasts, performance updates and driving the annual budget process. Responsible for ensuring that Kerry sub-region implements the regional pricing and margin management (PMM) strategy which maximises the return from Kerry’s business model and value proposition.
In this role you will:
- Work closely with the commercial Sales teams to ensure the competitive and environment market conditions are reflected in pricing strategy.
- Ensure that ways of working for pricing teams, including processes and procedures for all pricing scenarios (decision points, escalation criteria, minimum execution standards) are effectively implemented and controlled.
- Work with key business stakeholders to implement and ensure the necessary support is provided for customer engagement.
- Capture of relevant external insights (competitors, market movement, commodity changes, technology trends) for incorporation into relevant pricing transactions.
- Business partnering with commercial sales by reviewing and improving current performance of the key accounts as well as influencing decisions on how best to win new business through use of commercial acumen and financial expertise
- Identify new products and areas of opportunity.
- Act as a point of escalation and decision-making for new business opportunities that breach agreed margin thresholds for product groups.
- Support in the design of pricing strategy for new launched products, strategic push initiatives and key product technology drives within the market.
- Responsible for execution of annual pricing process for relevant territory
- Support and mentorship of the APMEA Pricing Centre of Excellence, especially in relation to:
- Costing of new products, plants and processes
- Pricing strategy relating to Standard products / key customers and strategic initiatives
- Rebate management (agreement setup, accruals and journals etc).
- Responsible for delivery of clear and accurate weekly flash report to monitor market performance.
Qualifications and skills
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Finance or Management Accounting
- At least 2-3 years’ relevant experience in Pricing, Margin Management, FP&A, Commercial Finance or Operations Finance,
- Relevant Pricing and Margin Management/ Product Costing experience within FMCG industry is very beneficial
- SAP or another ERP system experience
- Project Management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (advance Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- A team player and a relationship builder with strong communications skills to work with multiple stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail is critical
- Comfortable with autonomy and proactive in approach
- Results/solutions driven and able to challenges status quo and drives improvement
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Focus on improvement and standardization of processes
- Comfortable with ambiguity and adapt to dynamic work environment
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.