Transfer Agency Manager, Officer
Who we are looking for
As an Account Manager in Unit Registry, you will be responsible for the overall management and motivation of your team to meet daily operational needs. You will lead an engaged workforce by example and be able to leverage individual strengths and identify development opportunities. Innovative thinking is critical to successfully plan and execute various projects, improve efficiency and reduce risk within your team. You will effectively embrace change and influence those in your team to have a similar mindset.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As a Account Manger you will:
- Ensure that all operational registry and reporting deliverables to both internal and external clients are met in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage client relationship from both a strategic and day to day tactical perspective ensuring coherence between client requirements and SSAL service capabilities
- Facilitate staff training & development, including through effective performance reviews
- Understand the core offering and increase efficiencies in the day to day proce
- Provide auditing assistance during operational peak periods
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- An aptitude for information technology including Excel and HiTrust
- Ability to manage all aspects of a team and/or teams – leadership, coaching, recruitment, team building, problem resolution, motivation, training/development of staff in technical and leadership skills.
- Good liaison skills across all levels of the organisation.
- Extensive experience in all aspects of client servicing.
- Formal qualifications in accounting/business/commence/finance – SIA or degree.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- A solid understanding of the finance industry and financial markets.
- Knowledge of the unit registry operational flows.
- Knowledge of fund accounting operational concepts.
- Previous Unit Registry, finance and/or banking background.
- An excellent understanding of core registry processes – transaction processing, distributions and non-financial changes.
- Strong understanding of AML/FATCA/CRS rules and RG97 regulations
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.