Part-Qualified Accountant – ACA / ACCA
We are currently looking for an exceptional candidate to join our accounting teams.
A career with Burgess Hodgson gives you well-rounded experience in accountancy and business in general, in a challenging, rewarding, and often inspiring environment.
You’ll enjoy early responsibility with a greater level of client interaction than you could expect from
one of the big London firms. You’ll work alongside talented professionals from a wide range of
We’ll help you use and develop the technical skills you need to succeed. With a wide client base, both by sector and geography, you’ll also develop the practical skills needed to operate in a thriving
You’ll be able to achieve your potential in a way you find satisfying. We’re committed to helping you
succeed professionally and personally and will assist with further training support to become a qualified accountant.
Our leading and sought-after training programme offers a range of benefits:
• A competitive salary
• Fully funded courses and training by leading training provider, Kaplan
• Study leave in addition to annual holiday leave
• Six monthly pay reviews
• Client facing and interaction throughout
• Partner support and exposure
• Firm wide study support “study buddies”
• Internal training and professional updates
• Additional annual leave during the Christmas period
• Regular team sports
• Community charity events
• Local business discount card & gym discounts
• And much more.
The standard hours for this position are 9.00am – 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
Burgess Hodgson prides itself on its forward-thinking business advice: could you be one of the
forward thinkers of tomorrow?
The successful candidate should:
• Be ACA or ACCA part-qualified (up to Professional Level) and have good knowledge of Sage, Quickbooks and Xero.
• Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
• Have the ability to communicate with people at all levels
• Have a high standard of spoken and written English
• Possess good computer skills, particularly Excel
• Have excellent organisation skills with an eye for detail
• Have the ability to work to tight deadlines and manage several projects at once
If you are a motivated, diligent individual looking for a new challenge, and would like to explore this exciting opportunity further, we would be delighted to hear from you.
We are looking for applicants who are part ACA / ACCA qualified (up to professional level exams).
We also require our applicants to have excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and to be able to communicate effectively and confidently with a range of clients, other professionals and
About Burgess Hodgson:
Burgess Hodgson LLP is a Kent based accountancy firm with the skills and expertise to rival any other accountancy firm in the UK.
Our 20 partners and 140 staff work from offices in Canterbury, Kent, for a portfolio of clients across the UK and beyond and are dedicated to growth and are committed to providing the best possible service to our clients.
With an excellent reputation for delivering high levels of expertise and client-focused service, we combine the values of a focused local business with the first-class capabilities and excellence of a London-based firm.