Audit and Accounts Senior
Audit and Accounts Senior
It's not all about the numbers!
Traditionally accountancy has been all about numbers and commercial considerations; but not here at Haines Watts. We really strive to build lasting, valued relationships and to make a tangible and meaningful impact. It is our clients' success that drives us and we are proactively committed to helping our clients and colleagues achieve their business and life goals in a passionate and authentic way, as these are the key traits that underpin everything we do.
At the heart of our firm is our colleagues, which is why team engagement has become more important than ever before. We have achieved 1-Star recognition from Best Companies for this and we are also one of the Top 10 best accountancy firms to work for in the UK, investing heavily in colleague wellbeing and mindfulness. As the face of the workplace has shifted since the pandemic, we have adapted and challenged what the working environment looks like for our teams, creating an environment fit for the future.
We're committed to improving diversity and inclusion, not just in terms of background but also in terms of diversity of thought and skills. We are curious about how we can help shape the future of accountancy and advisory for the next generation which is why we decided to become a National Sponsor of the Reach Next Generation Summit, aligning our values with action.
What is the role?
As a qualified Audit and Accounts Senior working within our Cardiff office, you will be assisting the partners and associate partners in the management and delivery of statutory audit (80%) and accounts preparation services (20%) for our Owner Managed Business Client portfolio with the below key tasks being carried out.
- Planning and delivery of audit/accounts assignments in conjunction with the client partner or manager
- Lead some of our largest and most complex assignments
- Supervise junior staff during the audit and review their work
- Deliver the audit file to the assignment manager in timely manner
- Identify cross-selling opportunities and potential management letter points
- Manage client communication in effective manner
- Monitor your chargeability and your assignment budgets pro-actively
- Coach other staff for improved performance and technical development
- Develop specialist sector knowledge and keep abreast of industry developments
- Mentor audit and accounts trainees and contribute to the office's training and development programme
What you will need to be;
- Be authentic in every situation and like to be connected to your team, clients and local communities
- Like to listen and understand, to show up every day with passion and to stand up for things that matter to you
- Be driven to succeed, take initiative and want results
As well as the above you will be ACA/ACCA fully qualified and have experience of planning and completing audits as well as using an analytical review process and having experience of accounts preparation, delegating and reviewing work of trainees within the team. You will have experience of preparing and auditing consolidated accounts and component auditor issues as well as prior experience of statutory company accounts preparation under UK GAAP, and also charities and LLPs.
The Haines Watts Way:
Our collective aspirations are simple:
- We strive to build and develop valued relationships as a trusted business advisor to our clients and connections.
- We strive to show passion for our work in helping clients achieve their goals and using our initiative to help solve problems.
- But above all, we strive to be authentic and inclusive as part of our DNA.
What you get back from us;
- Competitive salary
- Study support package if applicable
- Internal mentor and buddy system to support your career journey
- Excellent personal development programmes to support career growth opportunities
- Structured development as well as on the job practical training
- Flexible benefits reward package
- Access to our agile working policy
- Working and learning directly from our Associate Partners and Partners
- Ability to progress all the way to the top!
If you are an authentic, passionate Audit and Accounts Senior who values relationships and wants to secure a role within a unique top 15 accountancy firm who offer great career prospects; we want to hear from you - find out more about Haines Watts at https://www.hwca.com/
We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CV's are submitted to Haines Watts by any means. For any CV's that are submitted without instruction from Haines Watts reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of agency fees.