Tax - Manager
Job Description & Summary
A career within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You’ll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions.
Our team helps our clients identify and reduce tax risks, meet compliance obligations, implement tax strategies that complement business and operational objectives, resolve disagreements with tax authorities, and manage tax accounting and reporting issues.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a community of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Assist with tax consultancy and tax planning assignments, research tax issues including the taxation treatment of specific transaction, prepare calculations of statutory payroll deductions and perform General Consumption Tax (GCT) and other tax reviews.
- Supervise work done by junior employees and to provide coaching and monitoring where required on particular assignments.
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges
- Assist in the management and delivering of large projects
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Qualified Accountant, having completed the ACCA or CPA (or similar) examinations.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in providing tax services.
- Membership with the ICAJ is beneficial.
- Working knowledge of Income Tax Act and General Consumption Tax Act.
- Experience in dealing with the Regulations and Schedules to those Acts.
Travel Requirements Up to 20%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship? No
Government Clearance Required? No
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.