Associate, Technology Risk, Financial Services, Financial Accounting Advisory Services
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
The financial services department in Singapore uses data analysis techniques to deliver insights around financial statements and operations in order to help our clients identify unrealised and unexpected potential, allowing them to achieve a new level of insight and performance. Our clients can make better decisions as they can understand what has happened, why it happened and subsequently predict what may happen next.
As a Data Analytics professional, you will be a key member of the team, dedicated to maintaining meaningful relationships with clients and other stakeholders. You will assist our team in engaging current and prospective clients because you strongly believe that they will benefit your input. You will form a crucial part of our project teams for the successful delivery of services to our clients.
Our structured career framework means you’ll continue to develop, whatever level you are at. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
Your key responsibilities
- Provide data analytics services to help clients solve business problems, drive value, gain strategy and insight from information
- Perform data analytics to help solve business challenges and achieve data automation, reconciliation, traceability, lineage, and transparency
- Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge
- Cultivate business development opportunities within the financial services industry
- Work together with the audit, business and IT teams of our clients in the financial services industry
Skills and attributes for success
- Enjoy solving complex problems and providing data to support the solution
- You are passionate and have interest in data analytics, innovation, and automation
- You are confident at showcasing your ideas and solutions, both verbally and in written form.
- Know when to laugh and when to suit up (or both). You are fun, but always maintain integrity and good work ethics
- Our team is like an orchestra, everybody is required for projects to succeed. You must enjoy working in a team
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Master’s or Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Data Science, Business, Economics, Econometrics, Engineering, Physics, Statistics, (Applied) Mathematics, Actuarial Sciences or any STEM equivalents
- Between 1-5 years of professional experience with practical experience with analytical techniques and tools (E.g. SAS, R, Python)
- Working knowledge of Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) processes
- Solution-oriented with “go-getter” personality
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience with predictive analytics and good understanding of machine learning techniques
- Experience using RPA (e.g. Blue Prism, UiPath, Automation Anywhere) or experience with automation-based projects
- Knowledge of visualization tools like Tableau, Spotfire, Power BI, etc.
What we look for
You love data analytics, and often get carried away talking about it. But you are able to explain it in detail to your peers but also in high level to senior management. You seek to fill the gap of knowledge you have whether it is about the latest analytics software, auditing processes, or a baguette recipe. You’re curious about the world and enjoy solving problems in novel ways. You embrace and adapt to the dynamic and rapidly changing industry where no two days are the same. Most importantly, you recognize that you achieve more with a team.
What we offer
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below