Advisor - Indirect Tax
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
There has never been a better time to work in Indirect Tax. The profile of Indirect Taxes has significantly increased due to Brexit; VAT continues to be at the forefront of HMRC’s Making Tax Digital programme; and Indirect Taxes are increasingly seen as an important part of driving sustainability.
The EY Indirect Tax team in Belfast act for a wide range of clients through the full life-cycle of their business to improve their systems and processes, engage with HMRC on their behalf, deliver complex advisory projects and help them plan for the future. Just now, we are working with clients to manage the impact of Brexit in the short term and plan for the long-term changes to their business model and help them to be Making Tax Digital compliant. This is a local team with a national footprint, across the UK and Ireland, and is currently leading on the Future of VAT in the UK campaign for EY.
As an Indirect Tax Adviser you will gain exposure to this interesting and complex indirect tax work as part of a fast-growing yet tight knit team as it moves to the next stage of an ambitious growth plan.
We are looking for someone with experience working in tax who wants to build their career in Indirect Tax. Your experience and core skills of research, communication, and client service will allow you to hit the ground running, with technical support and coaching from the senior members of the team. Your role will require you to be responsible for the effective delivery of client work.
Your key responsibilities
- Work on a broad portfolio of clients providing advice on a range of VAT issues.
- Support the team in delivery of indirect tax advisory projects, with an increasing focus on technology solutions.
- Work with the wider tax team on client proposals, due diligence projects and advisory engagements.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and colleagues, providing excellent client service.
Skills and attributes for success
- Highly motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a team.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service, meet deadlines, and work within budgets.
- A desire to learn and develop into the role.
- Ability to plan and prioritise work.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Degree preferred, but minimum of educated to A-level or equivalent.
- Minimum one years’ experience working within tax or general accountancy role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- After a period of learning and working in the role, the right individual should be prepared to study and pass ATT and CTA with full study support.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- ATT qualification would be preferred but not essential.
- An understanding of basic VAT principles.
What we look for
We want a motivated individual to join our team and build their career with us in Indirect Tax.
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.